|Location||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2022|
|Internal Job ID||22-00098|
The Land of Enchantment…Here's Your Invitation
The Community – Albuquerque, New Mexico
Immerse yourself in Albuquerque's painted skies, abundant space, and more than 310 days of sunshine, which make it possible to ski the slopes of Sandia Mountains and play a round at one of their award-winning golf courses, all in the same day. Come and experience Albuquerque viewing your own world in a whole new light.
At the heart of New Mexico beats the pulse of a vibrant city. In Albuquerque, diverse cultures, authentic are and dynamic traditions have helped shape the centuries-old story. No matter your interests, the city has countless opportunities for you to explore. Sample traditional New Mexican cuisine that takes mere minutes to make and hundreds of years to prepare, experience world-class museums, stroll along Central Avenue under vintage neoon glow of Route 66 or soar high above the city in the hot air ballooning capital of the world – a sight sure to change your perspective.
Explore the city here!
About the Facility – ABQ VAMC
The Albuquerque Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) is a Level 1 tertiary referral center with a 24-hour Emergency Room located in the heart of the Land of Enchantment. The medical center is authorized to operate 310 beds, which include 184 acute hospital beds (including a 26 bed Spinal Cord Injury Center), 90 residential rehabilitation treatment program beds (including a 26 bed Psychosocial Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program [PRRTP], a 24 bed Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program [SARRTP], a 40 bed Domiciliary RRTP), and a 36-bed Nursing Home Care Unit. The NMVAHCS is a proud member of Veterans Integrated Service Network.
Specialty programs included in the facility are: Cardiovascular Surgery, Cochlear Baja Implant Program, Compensated Work Therapy, Da Vinci S Robotic Surgical System, Endovascular Implants, Lithoptriptor, Home-Based Primary Care, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Magnetoencephalography, Mental Health Intensive Case Management, Positron Emission Topography Imaging, Psychosocial Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program, Spinal Cord Injury Center, and the Veterans Outreach Program.
Facility Address: 1501 San Pedro Dr SE, Albuquerque NM 87108
RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Provide clinical anesthesiology services and patient care pre and post op.
- Monitoring patient while in surgery.
- Care for patients in ICU, short stay unit, acute pain management, and emergency airway management.
- Reviewing medical files and lab results.
- Informing patients about risks associated with anesthesia.
- Current license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia).
- Board Certified/Board Eligible by the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA).
- Currently certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or equivalency.