Certified Nursing Assistant
|Location||Long Beach, California|
|Date Posted||February 28, 2023|
Life in Long Beach is So Much Sweeter…
The Community – Long Beach, California
Long Beach is a waterfront playground located right in the heart of Southern California. Here you can experience it all: a deep-sea adventure at the Aquarium of the Pacific, whale watching on the water, shopping in one of the city’s many unique districts, a tour of coastal breweries, a vibrant foodie scene, and so much more. The Long Beach Days & Getaways feature hotspots and hidden gems crafted by local experts – dive in and explore!
Special events in Long Beach invite visitors to experience a variety of festivals, sporting events, concerts, and celebrations throughout the year.
Take a more in-depth look at what can be done in Long Beach here.
About the Facility – Long Beach VAMC
The VA Long Beach Healthcare System is one of the most diversified health care systems in the VA. Located along the Southern California coast, the facility provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, and extended care programs. The medical center and its community clinics employ more than 2,200 full-time employees, and the VA long Beach is the health care provider of choice for more than 50,000 Veterans. Active in both research and education, they partner with universities and education centers across Southern California to train a new generation of health care leaders.
Facility Address: 5901 E 7th St, Long Beach, CA 90822
CNA RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
CNA helps patients with direct health care needs, often under the supervision of a nurse. CNA’s work directly with patients and nurses, helping with the many physical and complex tasks for patient care. Also provides direct patient care and/or close observation of patients.
- Serves as a member of the nursing staff and carries out routine nursing are and other personal services to assigned patients on any ward or tour assigned.
- Performs a range of personal nursing care which includes activities of daily living, such as feeding, bathing, lifting, and turning patients, providing oral, nail, hair related hygiene care, routine foley, oropharyngeal, nasopharyngeal, and performing preventive, rehabilitative, application of races, prosthetic devices, utilizes equipment to promote veteran self-care. Utilizes therapeutic care/procedures within the scope of a Nursing Assistant.
- Documents all care provided in the appropriate clinical records.
- Observes significant conditions, both physical and emotional that are relevant to the health status of the patient.
- Performs a range of diagnostic support duties such as taking vital signs, collecting, and transporting specimens, and preparing and escorting patients for discharge, tests, examinations, treatments and/or surgery per established procedures.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment; observes all policies pertaining to universal precautions. Provides for safety needs of patients by maintaining and a clean and safe environment.
- Accompanies patients on diagnostic or therapeutic trips assuming responsibility for basic decisions within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant while away from nursing units.
- Initiates emergency measure to control disruptive or violent behavior. Documents all relevant information in the clinical record.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT REQUIREMENTS
- Is a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Has at least two years’ experience as a CNA within the last three years in one of the following: Community Living Center, Medical-Surgical, Emergency Room, Mental Health and/or Critical Care.
- Is capable of providing nursing care for adult medical and surgical patients.
- Has and maintains BLS certifications.
- Must have US citizenship.
- Must have COVID Vaccine Certification.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.