|Date Posted||November 1, 2023|
Biloxi… The Melting Pot, and You’re the Missing Ingredient!
The Community – Biloxi, MS
The backdrop of sugar-white sand beaches, great deep-sea or freshwater fishing, an array of championship golf courses, museums and historic sites, tantalizing seafood restaurants, and the excitement of 24-hour non-stop casino resorts are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what can be appreciated about Biloxi, Mississippi. This gorgeous, picturesque beauty of a town has an abundant amount of thrills and pleasures for you to enjoy and the locals are more than happy to share their bit of paradise with you! With waters abounding the freshest of seafood, ancient live oaks lining their long beaches as long as their history, Biloxi has the cultural background of a meshed community with a vacant spot just for you. Days are filled with play and enjoyment, and when the sun sets the skies light up with excitement. This is your opportunity to make your life a little brighter by serving the community and creating a life in beautiful Biloxi, Mississippi.
For more information on Biloxi, MS, check out their link here.
Airport Information: Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT)
This airport is located approximately 12 miles northeast of Biloxi. It is in Gulfport, Mississippi, with convenient access to the nearby city of Biloxi. This airport offers a modest but well-rounded range of services, including rental car facilities, dining options, and shopping. Travelers can expect easy access to ground transportation, making it a convenient gateway to the Mississippi Gulf Coast region. With a handful of airlines providing domestic and seasonal international flights, GPT serves as a vital link for both tourists and business travelers exploring the vibrant casinos, beautiful beaches, cultural attractions, and outdoor activities in the Gulfport and Biloxi area.
For more information click here.
About the Facility – Keesler Air Force Base
Keesler Medical Center serves over 56,000 beneficiaries within a 40-mile catchment area. About 35,000 outpatients are seen in the clinics each month including 800 to 1,000 patients from other medical facilities throughout the southeastern United States through the Aeromedical Evacuation System. Equipped with 100 operating inpatient beds (10 ICU) and a staff of more than 2,100 people, the center represents a major concentration of professional capability. The Keesler Air Force Base Medical Center in Biloxi has been named the best hospital in the Air Force. The Gulf Coast medical facility received the "Hospital of the Year" award from the Air Force Surgeon General.
Facility Address: 301 Fisher St. Biloxi, MS 39534
Clinical Psychologist - RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- The Clinical Psychologist conducts supervised assessment procedures under psychologist/neuropsychologist.
- Apply therapeutic skills for patient evaluation.
- Screen patients, perform basic assessments, aid in diagnosis, and educate patients.
- Support specialized treatment and monitor patient interactions.
- Implement safety measures for suicide, homicide, or elopement risks.
- Coordinate care with military agencies and obtain collateral information.
- The Clinical Psychologist explains neuropsychological services, facilitate referrals, and provide patient care as scheduled.
- Attend professional meetings and activities.
- Conduct research in clinical/behavioral health psychology.
- Apply psychological procedures and therapies for diagnosis and treatment.
- Provide psychotherapy, alcohol, and drug evaluations.
- Consult with medical, legal, military, and school authorities.
- Maintain accurate patient records and produce required reports.
- Participate in military-specific training.
- The Clinical Psychologist advises mental health issues and performs additional healthcare duties as needed per regulations.
Clinical Psychologist - REQUIREMENTS
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD).
- Education: Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
- Experience: Minimum of 24 months experience within the last 36 months in performing evidence-based clinical treatment in an outpatient clinic or hospital.
- Board Certification: Shall have national and/or state (required) approved and current board certification or board eligible certification in the specialty area in which they provide clinical services.
- Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, or US Virgin Islands.
- Life Support Certifications: AHA or ARC BLS Certification.
- Security: Must possess ability to pass a government background check/security clearance.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
KurzSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.