|Date Posted||October 30, 2023|
The Nations most popular twins – the Twin Cities!
The Community – Minneapolis, MN
The state capital, St. Paul, and neighboring city Minneapolis make up the Twin Cities, an incredibly rich and diverse area with dramatic skylines, exciting pro sports, award-winning theater, renowned restaurants, and a booming craft beer scene. Revel in the natural beauty of dozens of trails, parks, and waterways, such as the Cain of Lakes and the Mississippi River. You can also shop ‘til you drop at local boutiques and the nation’s largest mall, the Mall of America, with no tax on clothing or shoes! Or! Attend one of the hundreds of annual events in the region – from small-own celebrations to one of the largest state fairs in the country. There’s a literal Minneapolis Food Tour you can indulge in that consists of 45 must-visit restaurants, but if you’re looking to explore the quieter side of things, you’ll absolutely have to visit Minnesota’s Dark Sky Parks where you can find some of the darkest skies in the nation for spectacular star-gazing and shooting star wish-making!
To learn more about the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, click here!
Airport Information: The best airport in Minneapolis to arrive from anywhere in the world is the Minneapolis Saint-Paul Airport (the MSP), which is essentially an impressive mall attached to the large airport. You can get your hair done and buy an entirely new wardrobe just after eating a three-course meal and making a pit-stop at any of the number of bars throughout this location. Approximately 8 minutes away from the VA, this is assuredly your best bet for a travel hub. Be sure to check out their official website here.
About the Facility – Minneapolis VAMC
Minneapolis VA Medical Center is one of the VA’s four polytrauma medical centers to care for active-duty service members and Veterans with brain injuries, who are blind, or have had an amputation and maintains a 65,000 square foot center to care for Veterans with spinal cord injuries and disorders. In 2018, 1,289 volunteers donated 189,586 hours to help care for Veterans, the same year that was recorded 980,427 outpatient visits. The main campus provides primary care and specialty health services, including surgery, psychiatry, neurology, cancer treatment (oncology), dentistry, and more.
Facility Address: One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Diagnostic Radiology Technologists - RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- DRTs will perform a wide variety of diagnostic radiography exams under the direction of a physician. Will operate all radiographic equipment including general diagnostic, portable, fluoroscopic, and Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) related equipment as part of the diagnostic plan for patients in the Imaging Service.
- Will support Radiologists and/or other medical officers, to produce high-quality images for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of medical conditions.
- The Diagnostic Radiology Technologist will maintain records of patients, exams performed, etc. Will receive and identify patients, explain procedures, assist in the movement of patients to and from wheelchairs or litters. Will assist with instruction of students in the clinical setting.
- Will complete a variety of complex physiological and radiological procedures ordered by and/or in collaboration with Radiologist Fellow without direct supervision.
- Will utilize their knowledge of radiation techniques and protection standards for the proper use, quality control, and preventative maintenance of single and biplane x-ray systems, contrast injectors, and image management systems.
- Must be alert and recognize changes in patient’s condition, including emergencies, which may necessitate immediate intervention.
- Diagnostic Radiology Technologists must be capable of recognizing serious patient abnormalities and individualizes each procedure to the needs of the situation to produce reliable results.
- Must perform proper calibrations on X-Ray equipment.
- Will operate fluoroscopic equipment, General X-Ray equipment, and C-Arms equipment.
- May be required to perform exams in the OR.
- Procedure and present in surgery requires comprehensive knowledge of sterile technique.
DRT - REQUIREMENTS
- Certification: All Diagnostic Radiologic Techs must be certified with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (CT) (MR).
- Must be capable of technically proficient in the skills necessary to fulfill the requirements identified in the function statements for a General DRT, CT DRT, and MRT DRT.
- Education: Must have an academic degree from an accredited Radiology Educational program.
- Additional certification: Must have a current Basic Life Support certificate.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of six (6) months experience in Diagnostic Radiology Technologies.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
KurzSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.