|Location||San Diego, California|
|Date Posted||September 13, 2023|
San Diego – a little bit of something for everyone
The Community – San Diego, California
As if all that sunshine weren’t enough, San Diego is a waterfront city with top-not restaurants, beautiful ocean-sprayed vistas, neighborhoods that are steeped in history and culture, and a centrally located urban park. Whether you’re spending your time indulging in the city’s myriad of beaches and surf spots, visiting the aquatic attractions SeaWorld San Diego and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, or exploring the inland offerings of the city, San Diego will not disappoint.
You’ll definitely want to check out their official website to get your trip inspiration here!
Airport Information: The closest major airport for these facilities would be the San Diego International Airport which supports non-stop flights to over 70 locations across the United States. Be sure to check out their website located here for more information.
About the Facility – VA San Diego Healthcare System
At the VA San Diego Healthcare System, the healthcare teams are deeply experienced and guided by the needs of Veterans, their families, and caregivers. This position includes the following locations:
- VASDHS at 3350 La Jolla Village Drive San Diego, CA 92161
- Kearny Mesa VA Clinic 8875 Aero Drive San Diego, CA 92123
- Oceanside VA Clinic 1300 Rancho del Oro Drive Oceanside, CA 92056
- Sorrento Valley VA Clinic 10455 Sorrento Valley Rd Ste 210 San Diego, CA 92121
Primary Care Physician - RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Shall have an estimated 85 percent of the time involved in direct patient care.
- The Primary Care Provider should, in the context of a longitudinal relationship, fulfill all primary care needs, including acute and chronic illness, gender-specific PC, mental health, and preventative care along with coordination of care delivery.
- The Primary Care Provider will establish a patient-centered practice environment and philosophy as a core principle, including engaging in patient/family self-management and personal goal setting.
- Provide education pertinent to care needs and document the provision of that education.
- Clinic patients will be notified of all test results requiring action within 7 days and all test results not requiring action within 14 days. For critical results that represent and imminent danger to the patient, the PCP shall notify the patient immediately.
- The Primary Care Physician will enhance the management of patients with chronic illness and identify patients with suboptimal chronic disease indices.
- Will enhance the management of high-risk Veterans such as Veterans with frequent emergency department visits, frequent inpatient admissions for ambulatory sensitive conditions, and severely injured/disabled, frail elderly.
- Will use face-to-face, telehealth (to include VVC), and virtual care delivery methods such as pharmacy/nurse clinics, telephone clinics, etc.
- The Physician shall be responsible for caring for patients with simple to moderately complex conditions that can be appropriately managed in a primary care outpatient environment.
Internal Medicine/Family Medicine Physician - REQUIREMENTS
- License: Shall have a current license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia and shall be full and unrestricted throughout the duration of employment.
- Board Certification: Shall be board certified/board eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine and have experience in providing scope of care as described.
- Must have Basic Life support (BLS) or the equivalent through the American Heart Association.
- Must have a DEA certification.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
KurzSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.