Licensed Practical Nurse
|Date Posted||May 26, 2023|
Albany, Georgia; where history and nature flow!
The Community: Albany, GA
There is not another city that can offer big city amenities while providing the comforts of a small town like the City of Albany. Albany is beautifully positioned on the banks of the Flint River. Incorporated in 1838, Nelson Tift founded the city and named it after the capital of New York. It is the hub of Southwest Georgia for culture, shopping, education, healthcare, and recreation. In short, Albany is a great place to live, work and play.
When it comes to entertainment, there is something for everyone. Popular attractions include the Riverfront Walk which features the Ray Charles Plaza – a tribute to the Albany native and musical genius, the historic Bridge House, the Municipal Auditorium, Flint RiverQuarium and Turtle Grove Park. Outdoor attractions are varied and plentiful. Chehaw Park is a nature preserve and wild-animal park spanning 800 acres where visitors can spot an American bald eagle or observe cheetahs and zebras from an elevated boardwalk. Camping, disc golf, a children’s play park and a nationally sanctioned BMX racing/mountain bike trail add to the offerings of this outdoor adventure. Radium Springs Gardens preserves Georgia’s largest natural spring. An adjacent botanical garden, with walkways among plants and flowers, is a fitting enhancement to the area’s charm. So whether you’re looking for a place to live, work or play, Albany is a community with opportunities and we have it all.
Learn more about what you can do while in Albany from their website here.
Location: Dublin VHA Medical Center - Albany CBOC
Albany, Georgia CBOC offers primary care and mental health services for Veterans in the Albany metro area. Specialty services including podiatry, audiology, optometry, handicapped accessible: full and easy access for all Veterans. Personal care: highly qualified primary care providers, specialty care referrals to the Carl Vinson VA Medical Center, laboratory: blood drawing services available and prescriptions: routine prescriptions processed through the mail.
Facility Address: 814 Radford Boulevard, Albany, GA 31701
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Charge Nurse; Documentation; Phone calls; Facilitation of meetings.
- IV and Foley catheter insertion; Wound card; ADL care.
- Assessments; BS Check.
- Insulin and medication administration; G-Tubes.
- Collaborates effectively with all disciplines and levels of care regarding patient care.
- Skills in time management, priority setting, assessment and urgent intervention are required for this position.
- Nursing duties associated with the Dublin VHA.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- LPN Degree, Graduated from Nationally Accredited Nursing program.
- Technically proficient in the skills necessary to fulfill the government's requirements, including the ability to speak, understand, read and write English fluently.
- Shall have a current license in at least one state, territory, or commonwealth in the U.S. or the District of Columbia.
- Must possess an active BLS Certification.
- Must be able to provide a copy of immunizations including COVID immunization record with boosters.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.