Licensed Vocational Nurse
|Location||Long Beach, California|
|Date Posted||February 28, 2023|
Life in Long Beach is So Much Sweeter…
The Community – Long Beach, California
Long Beach is a waterfront playground located right in the heart of Southern California. Here you can experience it all: a deep-sea adventure at the Aquarium of the Pacific, whale watching on the water, shopping in one of the city’s many unique districts, a tour of coastal breweries, a vibrant foodie scene, and so much more. The Long Beach Days & Getaways feature hotspots and hidden gems crafted by local experts – dive in and explore!
Special events in Long Beach invite visitors to experience a variety of festivals, sporting events, concerts, and celebrations throughout the year.
Take a more in-depth look at what can be done in Long Beach here.
About the Facility – Long Beach VAMC
The VA Long Beach Healthcare System is one of the most diversified health care systems in the VA. Located along the Southern California coast, the facility provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, and extended care programs. The medical center and its community clinics employ more than 2,200 full-time employees, and the VA long Beach is the health care provider of choice for more than 50,000 Veterans. Active in both research and education, they partner with universities and education centers across Southern California to train a new generation of health care leaders.
Facility Address: 5901 E 7th St, Long Beach, CA 90822
LVN POSITION OVERVIEW (duties may include, but are not limited to)
- Obtain patient history and patient family history.
- Perform quality control checks and operator maintenance for a variety of patient care equipment.
- Assist in identifying patient needs and implementing the plan of care.
- Document care given and patient response in the medical record.
- Prepare patient for physical examination.
- Communicate pertinent patient data to the appropriate provider.
- Possess knowledge of actions and usual dosages of most commonly used emergency drugs and their location.
- Recognize emergency situations and initiate appropriate resuscitative measures.
- Conduct prescribed nurse initiated, nurse practitioner, and physician orders and document in patient medical record.
- Assist in patient/family education regarding prescribed medications/therapies/diagnostic procedures.
- Assess patient/family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient/family demonstrated level of understanding.
- Assure content and correctness of a prepared report an sign document to validate its content.
- Participate in monitoring quality of care according to processional standards and established procedures.
- Respond to telephone inquiries regarding ward services and/or follow-up ancillary reports.
- Assist with ward related administrative tasks.
- Administer oxygen, intravenous fluids and prescribed medications in accordance with VA policy.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce, in the Veteran population, and in the Community.
- Other duties as assigned.
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE QUALIFICATIONS
- Possesses a valid, current license (with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as an LPN.
- Has been actively practicing as an LPN for at least one year within the past three years.
- Is capable of providing nursing care for adult medical and surgical patient.
- Has and maintains current BCLS certification.
- Has documented training and skills verification.
- At least 1 year of experience in primary care/ambulatory care.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.