|Date Posted||January 23, 2023|
Be Iridescent in the Shining Star of Texas…
The Community – Lancaster, Texas
Lancaster is a vibrant and growing community where residents enjoy the quaintness of friendly neighborhoods that is only a few minutes from world-class entertainment and activities in Downtown Dallas. The City provides great job opportunities, an award-winning school district, as well as top quality award-winning parks and recreational facilities. Lancaster’s vision is to build a united community by exemplifying exceptionalism in the region. You can take in some arts and culture by visiting one of their fine museums or enjoy a relaxing afternoon on their sought-after golf courses; there really is a little bit of everything that you can do in and around Lancaster, Texas!
Explore more about Lancaster, Texas right here.
About the Facility – Texas Veteran’s Affairs Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP)
The CMOP utilizes a combination of automated and manual procedures to prepare and dispense Over-The-Counter and legend drug prescriptions, controlled substance prescriptions, bulk type prescriptions, and medical/surgical products directly by mail to patients. The nature of services includes the operation and support of automated and manual filling equipment, and the preparation of prescription orders for mail-out dispensing.
Facility Address: 2962 S Longhorn Drive, Lancaster, TX 75134
Pharmaceutical RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Provide pharmaceutical verification of prescription orders of legend, OTC, Medical Surgical, and Controlled Substances to patients requiring care.
- Assessment of drug order and cross match with medication presented at checking stations.
- Pre-verification of medications loaded into highly specialized mechanical apparatus to dispense medications in prescription bottles.
- Verification and fill of controlled substance orders, schedules III, IV, and V.
- Perform Quality Assurance functions and supervision of contacted Pharmacy.
- Follow policies regarding documentation and reports to meet VA and TJC policy.
- Note any unusual doses, wrong drug, wrong strength, or drug mix up and report the information in accordance with local policies.
- Provide full checking, labeling and quality assurance within the guidance of the Dept. of Veterans Affairs regarding pharmaceutical medications.
- Dispense medications within corporate and regulatory guidelines for controlled substances.
- Must be licensed in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy setting or administrative position supervising 5 or more employees and shall have demonstrated inter-personal skills to effectively interact with peers.
- Must be a graduate of an American Council on Pharmaceutical Education accredited school or university.
- Must be licensed for controlled substances.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills with coworkers and staff.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.