|Date Posted||January 22, 2023|
Be a Part of the Tucson Beauty!
The Community – Tucson, AZ
Tucson is a place where talented artists, chefs, and craftspeople have taken inspiration from the incredible natural surroundings of the Sonoran Desert for thousands of years. While the sunsets are world-famous, that same sun never sets on the creativity of some of the finest, and the belief is that everyone showcasing here offers something genuinely exceptional and evocative of the place they ply their trade. More than just saguaros and Sonoran hot dogs, Tucson, AZ is a cultural and natural hub where visitors can experience the Southwest as it was meant to be. In the heart of the Sonoran Desert, Tucson offers a modern perspective of the old west. The city is home to a wide range of museums, historic sites, hiking trails, golf courses, and some of the most unique flora and fauna in the world, giving visitors plenty to do during their time here. From gardens and zoos to the museums and university campus, Tucson's unique beauty shines through the wide range of attractions and vibrant downtown districts.
Explore more of Tucson, Arizona, here!
About the Facility – Veteran’s Affairs Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP)
The CMOP utilizes a combination of automated and manual procedures to prepare and dispense Over-The-Counter and legend drug prescriptions, controlled substance prescriptions, bulk type prescriptions, and medical/surgical products directly by mail to patients. The nature of services includes the operation and support of automated and manual filling equipment, and the preparation of prescription orders for mail-out dispensing.
Facility Address: 3675 E Britannia Dr. Tucson, AZ 85706
Pharmaceutical RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Provide pharmaceutical verification of prescription orders of legend, OTC, Medical Surgical, and Controlled Substances to patients requiring care.
- Assessment of drug order and cross match with medication presented at checking stations.
- Pre-verification of medications loaded into highly specialized mechanical apparatus to dispense medications in prescription bottles.
- Verification and fill of controlled substance orders, schedules III, IV, and V.
- Perform Quality Assurance functions and supervision of contacted Pharmacy.
- Follow policies regarding documentation and reports to meet VA and TJC policy.
- Note any unusual doses, wrong drug, wrong strength, or drug mix up and report the information in accordance with local policies.
- Provide full checking, labeling and quality assurance within the guidance of the Dept. of Veterans Affairs regarding pharmaceutical medications.
- Dispense medications within corporate and regulatory guidelines for controlled substances.
- Must be licensed in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy setting or administrative position supervising 5 or more employees and shall have demonstrated inter-personal skills to effectively interact with peers.
- Must be a graduate of an American Council on Pharmaceutical Education accredited school or university.
- Must be licensed for controlled substances.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills with coworkers and staff.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.