|Date Posted||November 22, 2022|
|Internal Job ID||22-00242|
Bennington, Vermont…Just so much to do!
The Community – Bennington, Vermont
Bennington, a jumble of artsy shops and cafés that have a jittery beat-poet buzz, spiced up with some highly regarded museums. Downtown Bennington is everything you imagine Vermont to be, from the quintessential Main Street experience from shops and restaurants to a vibrant cultural scene with live equity theater, art galleries and museums. Bennington boasts a thriving community center with a rich history, stunning architecture, locally owned shops, and small-town hospitality. Prominent in history, colleges, cafés, world-class golf, an acclaimed healthcare center, mountains, museums, innovative industries, and a vibrant arts scene will be sure to appease any and all. The view from the 306-foot-tall Bennington Monument, built to commemorate the Patriot victory at the Battle of Bennington. A lively downtown, home of Bennington Potters and other one-of-a-kind enterprises. The SMU National Center for Arts Research has consistently hailed Bennington in its top-ten most vibrant arts communities. This is an honor proudly worn by Bennington residents as their Arts Vibrancy Index tracks more than 900 communities in the U.S..
Explore the charmer of a town called Bennington here.
About the Facility – The Vermont Veteran’s Home
The Vermont Veteran’s Home is licensed to meet all levels of resident care needs. The Home has a comprehensive rehabilitation department working closely with other departments to promote restorative care that maximizes residents’ abilities. Those services include short term and long-term care, attending to post-operative wounds, dispensing and monitoring intravenous medications, physical therapy, speech therapy that assists residents in reclaiming their ability to communicate and occupational therapy that helps residents become independent again. The quality of this nursing care is consistently rated as one of the best in the country and is supervised by a registered nurse twenty-four hours a day, three hundred and sixty-five days a year. The nursing staff provides necessary care with the residents’ best interest in mind and taking personal preferences into account whenever possible.
Facility Address: 325 North Street, Bennington, VT 05201
RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Confirm admission orders for new admissions or resident readmitted to the facility.
- Complete, in-person, acute visits and/or regulatorily required visits with the facility residents. This includes writing, signing, and dating progress notes, updating physician orders, reviewing x-rays, laboratory work, and/or ordering new medications, treatments, x-rays, etc., and respond to pharmacy reviews, communicate with resident families/proxies, complete documentation on the day of encounter.
- Consult with facility staff and community providers, as needed, to understand current treatment plan, past medical history, etc.,
- Make referrals/write appropriate physician orders for rehabilitation services, hospice care, discharge orders, orders to see community providers/specialists, and orders for DME or other medical necessary supplies.
- Collaborate, as needed, with facility staff, Vermont Department of Health, and other agencies when positive COVID-19 cases are identified in staff or residents.
- Bill Medicare, Medicaid, and other commercial insurances, as able, for physician’s time.
- Must have a full, unrestricted professional license in the state of Vermont.
- Must have Professional Liability Insurance.
- Must have DEA Registration.
- Must be Board Certified in any Primary Care specialty.
- Must be Covid vaccinated.
- Must have BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- If possible, knowledge and experience providing healthcare to geriatric Veterans, knowledge and experience with the State of Vermont, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and the Veterans Administration regulations for nursing homes and residential care level 3/domiciliary are preferred but not required.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.