|Date Posted||January 10, 2023|
Philadelphia – The City that Loves You Back!
The Community – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Everyone knows Philly is a historic place – the birthplace of the nation and all that – but do you know what makes it a fresh, cosmopolitan city with nearly anything you could imagine to do, eat, visit, see and cheer for? Philadelphia is a city of distinct but connected neighborhoods, over 100 in total. From the Great Northeast to South Philly, diverse and inviting neighborhoods are filled with stoop-front rowhouses, detached homes, and high-rise apartments and condos. Commuting around Philly is easy and convenient, at least compared to other northeast cities. The average one-way commute time in Philadelphia is 31.5 minutes. From the unique neighborhoods around the city and the facilitated means of travel to the infamous snack attacks like the Philly Cheesesteak, hoagies, or soft pretzels with “whiz” (cheddar sauce), finding your way around to a good meal is beyond easy to accomplish here.
Not to mention, there are tons of free stuff to do. Enjoying Philly on a budget is easy – you just have to know where to go. Several historic sites don’t cost a dime, like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, and many museums have free or pay-what-you-wish days. Museums not really your style? Check out the Kimmel Center or the World Café Live for free performances and concerts that happen frequently. And of course, you can’t talk about Philadelphia without at least mentioning the major sports that this fine city houses a team in each. Philadelphians bleed team colors and everyone is involved from every walk of life, and the city’s mood is reflected based on yesterday’s win or loss. So if you want to walk into nearly any conversation in Philly, be sure to know the Birds’ playoff chances or your favorite Philly!
Explore more about Philadelphia here!
About the Facility – Philadelphia VAMC
The Philadelphia VAMC (Corporal Michael Crescenz VAMC) provides health carfe to Veterans living in America’s sixth-largest metropolitan area, including the city of Philadelphia and six surrounding counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. The CMCVAMC is part of the VA Healthcare Network-VISN4 and serves as an acute referral center for VA health care facilities in eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Southern New Jersey. This facility has three separate patient care buildings, one of the which (building 3) houses the Opioid treatment program were the work will be performed.
Facility Address: 3900 Woodland Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19014
RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Primary work assignment will be: outpatient psychiatry, possibly with some consults to the inpatient Medical (Primary Care) unit and the inpatient Nursing Home Care (Extended Care) units.
- Admission/discharge, treatment and professional direction of inpatient care, specialized residential unit, outpatient care (including tele-mental health), psychiatric consultations, rounds, attending treatment teams.
- Psychiatrist will provide on-call weekend and holiday psychiatrist coverage on a scheduled/rotating basis with other psychiatrists on staff.
- For weekends – psych weekend call would begin at 4:30 on Friday and run through 8:00 am the following Monday. This would occur approximately one weekend per month.
- Psychiatrist will provide on-call evening psychiatric coverage on a scheduled/rotating basis with other psychiatrists on staff.
- Schedule would be from 4:30 pm each evening to 8:00 am the following day during the business work week. This would occur approximately one week per month.
- Patients must be seen and evaluated within 24 hours of admission.
- Degree/education: Must have a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree.
- Board Certification: Must be at minimum board eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry, board certification preferred.
- Experience: Must have no less than two (2) years of experience as a full-time psychiatrist. Current, full, active and unrestricted license to practice medicine is required.
- Additional Certifications: Must have current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS). Certification cards must display the American Heart Association, the client or Military Training Network emblem. Web-based classes to not meet required standards. Must also have a full, unrestricted and active DEA license.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.