Registered Nurse – Infusion
|Date Posted||May 26, 2023|
Stroll downtown Dublin, enjoy delectable meals, and carve out your own memories!
The Community: Dublin GA
Dublin is a city in Laurens County, Georgia with a population of approximately 16.000. The town, named such because the Middle Georgia Piedmont reminded Irish settlers of terrain in their native country, was founded on the Oconee River, which starts in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in northern Georgia before combining with the Ocmulgee River to form the Altamaha, a river which then proceeds to its mouth on the Atlantic Ocean. The Oconee forms the eastern boundary of Dublin, separating it from the city of East Dublin.
Minutes off exit 51 on I-16, Dublin stays ahead of the curve with award-winning dining at Deano’s Italian, Company Supply, and Holy Smokes, performing arts at Theatre Dublin and rich history with their walking tours. Experience Martin Luther King, Jr.’s first speech at MLK Monument Park & First African Baptist Church. Explore nature’s solitude, rejuvenate at their local inns, refresh with unique shopping delights, or simply rediscover the art of relaxation by strolling downtown. Whether you’re stopping for a minute or for a long-term stay, Dublin revitalizes you with an unexpected array of adventures just ahead of the curve.
Learn more about this wonderful town called Dublin at their website here.
Airport information: The closest major airport to Dublin, GA is the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport, approximately an hour and a half away. This airport hosts one scheduled airline – Delta Connection Carrier which operates three daily flights to Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, you can visit their website here. The Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport supports the following airlines: Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Boutique Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, and United Airlines.
Carl Vinson VA Medical Center
Since 1948, Carl Vinson VA Medical Center has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to veterans living in the Middle Georgia area.
Facility Address: 1826 Veteran’s Boulevard, Dublin, GA 31021
INFUSION RN – REQUIREMENTS:
- Shall obtain patient history and pertinent family histories.
- Assess patients and plan appropriate nursing care.
- Document plan of care and care provided in patient’s medical record.
- Verify transcriptions of physician’s orders, no verbal orders are to be accepted.
- Carry out prescribed physician orders and document in patient’s medical record.
- Communicate pertinent patient data to charge nurse and or physician as appropriate.
- Re-assess patient’s condition and revis plan of care based on identified nursing problem.
- Administer medication and IV therapies.
- Possess knowledge of actions and usual dosages of most used emergency drugs and their location on crash cart.
- Assess and document patient response to medication that has been administered.
- Assess and initiates appropriate measures in emergencies.
- Instructs patients/families regarding prescribed medications/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures that must be accomplished.
- Assesses patient/family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient/family demonstrated level of understanding.
- Operates defibrillator, EKG machines and cardiac monitor.
- Participates in discharge planning, as appropriate.
- Can initiate life saving measures in the absence of physicians.
Chemotherapy Certified RN provides the following additional services:
- Performs administration of chemotherapy to patients on Oncology Units or in Chemo Clinic in accordance with Medical Center Policies from the Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice.
- Understands the principals of chemotherapy and the various chemotherapeutic agents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the fundamentals of chemotherapy administration, safety measures for administration of chemotherapy, treatment schedules, and pretreatment and treatment.
- Possesses knowledge of complications of Cytotoxic Therapy and the correct interventions to initiate for them.
- Demonstrates competency in the management of patients receiving chemotherapy with specific skills in assessment, patient education, toxicity management, and oncologic emergencies.
INFUSION RN QUALIFICATIONS
- Shall have a current license in at least one state, territory, or commonwealth in the U.S. or the District of Columbia.
- Current certification in CPR/BLS and ACLS by an American Health Association Vendor.
- Chemotherapy Certification (ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Certificate) of the Infusion RN is preferred but not required.
- Must have a minimum of one-year direct patient care experience within the Urgent Care specialty assigned; VA experience is desirable.
- Must have three references, one must be current or most recent supervisor.
- Immunizations must be up to date, to include COVID Vaccine (Boosters required).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.