Associate Corporate Medical Director
|Location||Statewide, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||September 6, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00087|
MD/DO - Associate Corporate Medical Director
The Associate Corporate Medical Director supports the Corporate Medical Director in overseeing the clinical programs of the facilities served by managing and evaluating the medical program activities based on the company goals, objectives, and philosophy according to industry standards and contractual obligations. Also responsible for providing direct patient care duties at all facilities, as directed by the Corporate Medical Director. Provides clinical supervision to site Medical Directors and health care providers and provides consultation to nursing, practitioners, and clients, as appropriate, while being an active member of the Corrections Administration team. The Associate Corporate Medical Director works in collaboration with the onsite physician to provide concurrent medical supervision of the corporate Utilization Review program, manage CQI, peer reviews, patient safety and mortality and morbidity review.
The Associate Corporate Medical Director assists the onsite physician as a liaison between correctional officials, public agencies, and the company as part of the functions of this role. In conjunction with the Corporate Medical Director and the site Medical Directors, reviews, edits, updated clinical guidelines to assure compliance with the national standard, treatment norms established by agencies such as ABIM and reviews current literature to ensure it is up to date.
Responsibilities (duties include but are not limited to)
- Participates in the hiring, termination, assessment of site Medical Directors, and health care providers.
- Participates in site MAC and P&T Committee meetings.
- Participates in the administrative meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Respond to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Conducts Medical Director and health care provider on-boarding, mentoring, and training.
- Serves as the clinical consultant for site and regional medical and administrative personnel.
- Assists in the development of the clinical and managerial skills of the site Medical Directors and health care providers.
- Assists with the development and implementation of clinical guidelines, polices, and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring clinical guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Monitors and controls the use of pharmaceutical products to provide appropriate and cost-effective therapy for the population served.
- Assists in the review and approval of off-site service requests.
- Assists in the annually review of clinical guidelines, care management policies, and procedures and makes recommendations for modification as appropriate.
- Provides medical services as necessary at all correctional facilities.
- Monitor or implement legal compliance measures.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion from an accredited medical school facility with a degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Completion of a US based residency program.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in all states that the company is contracted in to provide health care services.
- Current, active Board Certification in a primary medicine specialty.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration and Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS) registration
Minimum Work Experience
- At least two years of public health, emergency, family practice experience.
- At least 5 years of correctional healthcare experience with at least 3 being in the medical director role.
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Ability to educate, coach and mentor staff
- Assertive, empathetic and able to provide care objectively.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff; and philosophically committed to the objectives of the company.
- Maintains an active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- Maintains Board Certification
- Maintains Accreditation CME points
- Provide 24-hour on-call coverage to advise medical providers in the care of inmate patients
- Provides a positive and professional representation.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting documentation, and prevention.
- Supervises the Medical providers to ensure compliance with clinical guidelines.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Adheres to infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Participates in utilization management activities
- Completes required orientation and trainings directed by facility.
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment.
- Follows facility and Company Occurrence Protocol.
- Adheres to PREA and HIPPA regulations.
- Maintains security clearance for the assigned facility.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.