|Date Posted||September 5, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00118|
Clinical Psychologist - Part-time
Part-time, twenty hours per week…
The Community - Gulfport, MS
Gulfport is the second largest city in Mississippi after the state capital, Jackson. It is the larger of the two principal cities of the Gulfport-Biloxi. Gulfport and the Gulfport coast was recently name the top retirement destination by "Where to Retire" magazine highlight by great fishing, boating, luxury restaurants, casinos, fantastic parks, and much more.
The Armed Forces Retirement Home in Gulfport (AFRH-G)
The Armed Forces Retirement Home (AFRH) is an independent Agency in the Executive branch of the US Government. The AFRH provides residences and related services for certain retired and former members of the US Armed Forces (24 US Code 10, Subchapter 411). The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is the head of the Agency and its communities and is subject to the authority, direction and control of the Secretary of Defense. Together we have evolved into the premier retirement community for America’s military veterans. We offer modern facilities, dynamic activities, healthy meals, wellness programs, advanced care, and much more. The AFRH currently has two communities in Gulfport, MS (AFRH-G) and Washington, DC (AFRH-W).
AFRH-G is in need of a Psychologist to offer services on a part-time basis of about 20 hours per week. The facility is flexible on the schedule, but generally mornings are the best for the patients. A proposed schedule of Monday-Thursday, 5 hours per day is one option.
Requirements (include but are not limited)
- Provide psychological treatment to residents 20 hours per week and on an emergency or as needed basis.
- Perform Clinical/Counseling Psychology: responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies, and psychological testing/psycho-diagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological
- Collect and record psychological
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as
- Coordinate services and participate with other disciplines in interpreting and evaluating
- Provide emergency assistance, if needed, when on site and provide phone support to nursing and healthcare staff regarding resident psychological conditions when off
- Shall practice reasonable measures in the management of clients to ensure their
- The Wellness Center staff will schedule appointments for the
- The Psychologist is self-directed and works
- The Psychologist shall conform to the duties as outlined above and as directed by Chief Medical Officer and Chief, Healthcare
- The Contractor Psychologist is considered key and essential As such, personnel shall be present and available to perform their medical role during all periods of severe inclement weather and other potential emergencies.
- The Psychologist will be assigned to a Disaster Team function and may be required to be on board in a working status before, during and immediately following any natural The Psychologist shall remain on board until relieved by Chief Medical Officer or another designated physician.
- Works according to flexible scheduling needs in support of the area assigned, as
- Uses provided electronic medical record software system to document patient encounters, progress notes, and to complete orders, prescriptions, referrals, etc.
- Works in and/or supports all areas of healthcare services – Assisted Living, Independent Living, Independent Living Plus, Long Term Care, and Memory Support as
- Must have a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited psychology program.
- Must have and maintain a current, unencumbered license to practice psychology in the state of Mississippi.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience as a licensed clinical psychologist.
- Must have one year experience in the last three years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems.
- Must have and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.