|Los Angeles, California
|February 8, 2018
|Internal Job ID
Cleanest beaches in CA, but don’t take my word for it…
The Setting - El Segundo, CA
El Segundo is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. El Segundo, from Spanish, means The Second in English. Located on the Santa Monica Bay, it was incorporated on January 18, 1917, and is one of the Beach Cities of Los Angeles County and part of the South Bay Cities Council of Governments. El Segundo made Cities Journal's Top 10 Small Cities in California, the only one of two cities in Los Angeles County. It has also won the Eddy Award for being the most "business-friendly" city in LA County.
Los Angeles Air Force Base
Los Angeles Air Force Base is a non-flying United States Air Force Base located in El Segundo, California. Los Angeles Air Force Base is headquarters to the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), part of Air Force Space Command. SMC is responsible for research, development, acquisition, on-orbit testing and sustainment of military space and missile systems. In addition to managing Air Force space and missile systems, SMC participated in space programs conducted by other U.S. military services, government agencies and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) allies. SMC turns these systems over to the appropriate operating command. SMC also serves as the integrating center for the Strategic Defense initiative within Air Force Material Command. It monitors progress in more than 70 Space Defense Initiative efforts throughout AFMC. SMC itself has direct management responsibility for more than half of those efforts.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Examine patient's oral cavity to include mouth, throat, and pharynx, and record conditions of teeth and surrounding tissues. Refer patients to dentist who have abnormalities to include cavities, defective fillings, suspicious growths, or periodontal disease.
- Apply desensitizing and other topical agents to treat abnormalities to include caries prevention, gingivitis and oral ulceration.
- Instruct patients, individually and in groups, in proper oral hygiene care using materials to include teeth models, displays, slides, toothbrushes, dental floss, disclosing tablets and mirrors. Demonstrate proper techniques of brushing, flossing, and use of necessary periodontal aids. Explain the common causes of tooth decay and its relationship to general diet.
- Take impressions and construct sports/safety mouth guards and soft night guards for vital bleaching.
- Polish restorations and apply pit and fissure sealants.
- Chair side dental assisting when directed by the Officer-In-Charge of the dental clinic.
- Record patients treated. Check and maintain instruments to insure working condition. Clean, sharpen, and sterilize instruments.
- Patient Workload, Readiness, and Scheduling. Utilizes the Corporate Dental Application to enter patient specific workload and readiness status and also for patient scheduling.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree depending on the program.
- Must have successful completion of a dental hygiene program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Must have and maintain certified in radiography.
- Must have previous experience working at a military treatment facility.
- Must have a current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a Dental Hygienist.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.