Family Medicine Physician
|Location||Jacksonville, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00103|
MD/DO - Family Medicine Physician
The “Youngest City in America” with a booming economy…
The Community - Jacksonville, NC
Onslow County is Americas fastest-growing County over the past five years, according to a federal agency that tracks economics. Onslow’s booming economy is fueled by Marines and sailors stationed at Camp Lejeune and New River Air Station, according to a recent report in the Charlotte Business Journal. The military, agriculture and tourism are the top three economic areas for North Carolina, which bodes well that they are also the top for Onslow County, she said. And Jacksonville is just 30 minutes from Emerald Isle and 55 minutes from historic Wilmington, NC, both favorite coastal resort destinations with pristine beaches and blue water.
Camp Lejeune - Home of the Expeditionary Forces
Home of 180,000 active duty, dependent, retiree and civilian employee population, Camp Lejeune boasts 156,000 acres of state-of-the-art training facilities including 11 miles of beach for amphibious operations, 32 gun positions, 48 tactical landing zones and 80 life fire ranges. Some services available aboard Camp Lejeune include: childcare, shopping, education, family support, hunting and fishing, dining, boating and swimming. Some facilities on base include banks and credit unions, the commissary, the library, hobby shops, fitness centers, the beach, theaters and more. From the supporting infrastructure, a tradition of excellence in doing day-to-day business has evolved. From environmental programs that include a state-of-the-art landfill and water treatment system to quality of life programs that ensure Marine families are taken care of, Camp Lejeune stands out as a superior military base.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
The Family Medicine Physician shall provide services within the scope of clinical privileges grated and the applicable duties required of a Family Medicine Physician.
- Responsible for approximately 1500 TRICARE Prime Enrollees.
- Responsible for any patient who requires admission will refer that patient to the appropriate admitting service.
- Physician will NOT be responsible for obstetrical care of their enrollees, but will remain responsible for the primary care of pregnant patients.
- Must have either a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) from an accredited school, and completion of an approved residency program in family medicine.
- Must be board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians (AOBFP).
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must possess and maintain current DEA registration.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.