|Location||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00098|
MD/DO - Family Practice Physician
Come play in The Garden of the Gods!
The Community - Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs is located in the east central portion of the state. It is situated on Fountain Creek and is located 60 miles south of Denver. The city stand over one mile above sea level and is situated near the base of one of the most famous American mountains, Pikes Peak, on the eastern edge of the Southern Rocky Mountains. Garden of the Gods was recently named #1 Park in the US and #2 Park in the World by TripAdvisor in 2014!
United States Air Force Academy
The Academy is a world-class university designed to create strong leaders. Beyond academic excellence, the Academy emphasizes military training, athletics and character development to forge officers of character who are ready to lead our nation in the Air Force. Its campus is located north of Colorado Springs. The Academy is also one of the largest tourist attractions in Colorado, attracting more than a million visitors each year.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government.
- Care shall include but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
- Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
- May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients. Duties include:
- Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
- Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF instructions.
- Be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries including but not limited to conditions of the:
- Skin, Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat, Neck, Cardiovascular System, Pulmonary System, Gastrointestinal System, Musculoskeletal System, Genitourinary System, Reproductive System, Lymphatic System, Central Nervous System, Endocrine System, Psychiatric and Behavioral Health.
- Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately perform medical procedures to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Basic Life Support; Advanced Life Support; Pediatric Advanced Life Support; Crycothyroidotomy; Secure and maintain an adequate airway to include endotracheal intubation; Cardioversion of life threatening arrhythmias; Simple minor surgical procedures: punch biopsies, excision of skin lesions; Simple abscess incision and drainage; Nail trephination; Sling or swath injuries; Lumbar puncture; Suture simple laceration; Suture removal; Tube thoracostomy; Cryotherapy; Nebulizer treatment; Urine catheterization; Cultures (throat, wound); Suprapubic tap; Remove ocular, nasal and ear foreign bodies; Clearing of ears by flush technique; Reduce simple dislocations and fractures, when appropriate; Bandaging of sprains, minor burns, and minor lacerations; Perform venous punctures for lab studies and interpret results; Draw arterial blood gases for evaluation and interpret results; Administer intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications as appropriate; Stabilize and evaluate cervical spine injuries as appropriate; Splint and stabilize traumatic injuries to extremities.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the supervisor.
- Must be a Doctor of Allopathic (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) who has successfully completed an accredited residency in Family Practice.
- Current board certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (AOBFM).
- Must have a minimum of one year (1) of experienced within the preceding three years (3) as a Family Practice Physician.
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Have and maintain current American Heart Association (AHA) approved Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.