Family Practice Physician
|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00112|
MD/DO - Family Practice Physician
Get Away Today! – Beaches, Fishing, Golf, History, MORE
The Community - Biloxi, MS
Biloxi is one of the oldest communities in the country, having first been settled in 1699. Today, the city is a cultural melting pot, with a year ’round schedule of celebrations, set against a backdrop of sugar-white sand beaches, great deep-sea or freshwater fishing, an array of championship golf courses, museums and historic sites, tantalizing seafood restaurants, and the excitement of 24-hour non-stop casino resorts.
Keesler Air Force Base
In early January 1941, Biloxi city officials assembled a formal offer to invite the United States Army to build a base to support the World War II training buildup. The War Department activated Army Air Corps Station No. 8, Aviation Mechanics School, Biloxi, Mississippi, on 12 June 1941. On August 25, 1941, the base was dedicated as Keesler Army Airfield, in honor of 2d Lt Samuel Reeves Keesler, Jr., a Mississippi native and distinguished aerial observer, killed in action in France during the First World War. Keesler AFB is one of the largest technical training wings in AETC, with four training squadrons located in the training building complex known as "the triangle," the 334th, 335th, 336th, and the 338th. On average, Keesler has 4,700 students on base at a time. Much of the training they receive is in the field of electronics, such as wideband maintenance, ground radio, information technology, avionics, cryptography.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide outpatient services for patients as scheduled by the Government.
- Care shall include but not be limited to routine general family practice care to include care for acute and chronic patient conditions.
- May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
- Refilling prescriptions.
- Providing primary and secondary preventative maintenance care.
- Providing quality longitudinal health care to a panel of enrollees commensurate with the standards of practice for a Family Practice Clinic.
- Producing a monthly average of patient visits and Relevant Value Units (RVUs) consistent with department norms.
- Producing at least 1.5 times the number of normally scheduled visits during any UrgiCare time worked. (For example, 13 visits are normally scheduled. Therefore, a Contractor personnel working afternoon UrgiCare is expected to produce at least 20 visits.)
- Must be a Doctor of Allopathic (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) who has successfully completed an accredited residency in Family Practice.
- Must have and maintain current board certification in Family Practice.
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have and maintain all three certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must have and maintain a DEA license.
- Must have a minimum of seven years of experience within the specialty, excluding fellowship and residency time, including at least 48 months of the last 60 months.
- Must be a US Citizen.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.