|Albuquerque, New Mexico
|March 11, 2018
|Internal Job ID
MD/DO - Hematology Oncology Physician
The “Land of Enchantment” needs your skills!
The Community - Albuquerque, NM
Albuquerque, the most populous and fastest growing city in New Mexico is home to The International Balloon Fiesta, The University of New Mexico, The World’s longest Tramway and the location for the awarding winning television show “Breaking Bad” was filmed, and much more! Along with the Rio Grande flowing through the city, the Sandia Mountains run along the eastern side of Albuquerque creating hiking, skiing, and mountain biking a favorite for the locals.
Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center
The New Mexico VA Health Care System was established in 1932 to provide for the health care needs of Veterans. The Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
The Physician, as appropriate and within scope of practice/privileging, shall be responsible for providing Hematology/Oncology services in the following patient care areas: Outpatient Hematology/Oncology Clinic and Continuous Infusion Unit, consultative services in other inpatient areas of the medical center, i.e. Emergency Room, Intensive Care Units, Telemetry/Step-Down Units, General Medicine Ward and General Surgical Ward.
- Serve as the attending for inpatient, outpatient, and consultation services.
- Perform evaluations involving complete history and physical examinations and the ordering of laboratory studies relevant to the patient’s medical problem.
- Supervise and assist midlevel providers and ancillary health personnel in their evaluation and management of patients.
- Perform acquisition of material from all orifices from venous blood, fluid collection, localized abscesses presenting to the skin.
- Perform arterial puncture and bone marrow biopsies.
- Perform peer reviews as requested.
- Services would also include taking call, and attending Tumor Board/Cancer Committee meetings.
Approximate Case Load
Approximate case load is as follows: Hematology/Oncology Clinic runs approximately 7.5 hours per day Monday through Friday with one (1) hour appointments for new patients and thirty (30) minutes for follow up patients. Schedule may reflect any combination of new and/or follow up patient appointments. Additionally, the physician may be required to evaluate patients and prescribe treatments in the Chemo Infusion Unit. The NMVAHCS Hematology/Oncology outpatient clinic currently averages approximately 15 patients per clinic. Continuous infusion currently fluctuates between 8-10 patients per clinic.
- Must be a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) from an accredited educational program having successfully completed a residency or fellowship in hematology or oncology.
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Hematology and/or Oncology as certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM).
- Must have and maintain a current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Must have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as certified by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must have and maintain a current DEA certificate.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.