Licensed Vocational Nurse – Occupational Health
|Date Posted||May 24, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00091|
LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse - Occupational Health
Positively the Perfect Place to Live, Work, and Play!
The Setting - Lancaster, CA
The City of Lancaster is a thriving community of 160,784 located approximately one hour north of Los Angeles. Clean air, attainable housing, wide open spaces, and a close-knit community make Lancaster the ideal place for families. Endless potential for growth, along with a strong commitment to business from local leaders, earned Lancaster the "Most Business-Friendly" Eddy Award from the Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation in 2007. No matter how you look at it, it's positively clear that Lancaster is the perfect place to live, work and play! People of all ages and ethnic backgrounds call Lancaster home. We take pride in our diversity and recognize that each individual contributes to making our City a stronger, more vibrant community. Attainable housing and recent economic growth have made Lancaster a very attractive choice for families and businesses who are looking to relocate, but wish to enjoy all the advantages that Southern California has to offer. Lancaster's business-friendly atmosphere has contributed to dramatic economic growth in recent years. New businesses often choose to relocate or open another location in Lancaster, which translates to increases in local job opportunities.
Edwards Air Force Base
Located in southern California, it is the home of the Air Force Test Center and is the Air Force Materiel Command center of excellence for conducting and supporting research and developmental flight test and evaluation of aerospace systems from concept to combat. It operates the U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School and is home to NASA's Armstrong Flight Research Center and considerable test activities conducted by America's commercial aerospace industry.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Serves as a vocational nurse performing patient care and nursing administrative duties for outpatients in accordance with established policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic procedures; sets up procedure room and equipment; provides individualized patient teaching on a preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- Prepares and administers prescribed medications by oral, sublingual, intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous, topical, dermal and inhalation routes.
- Prepares and positions patient for examinations and treatments.
- Participates in in-services and continuing education programs.
- Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- The nurse shall provide patients with the utmost care and attention. All patients shall be assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
- The nurse shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy, content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health record.
- Occupational health experience or similar skills and training with knowledge of physical examination programs and preventative health care programs are required.
- Previous experience with instruments and diagnostic or treatment procedures commonly used in the Occupational Medicine Services (OMS) clinic.
- Shall have provided LPN services in the specialty clinical service area for at least 12 months within the past 36 months.
- Knowledge of standard nursing care principles, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge and skill in cardiopulmonary resuscitation used to initiate resuscitation measures when necessary and assist medical team in providing support measure.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their expected beneficial effects, and potential side effects.
- Ability to perform infection control procedures.
- Knowledge of emergency medical procedures.
- Must have a valid and current registration or license as an LPN/LVN in the United States.
- Must have certification in medication administration and immunizations is required.
- Must have completed a NIOSH approved spirometry training course from an accredited, OSHA approved program and have a current NIOSH spirometry certification.
- Certification in hearing conservation, Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC) is required.
- Familiarity of essential information systems such as the CHCS, AHTLA, ASIMS Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access is required.
- Must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.