|May 10, 2017
|Internal Job ID
MD/DO - OB/GYN - Laborist
Give us a day, we’ll give you a vacation!
The Community - Portsmouth, VA
One visit to Portsmouth, Virginia and you’ll be hooked. Amble along our famous Seawall. Stroll through three centuries of historic neighborhoods. Go antiquing. Take in some art. Stand inside a giant soap bubble at the largest children’s museum in the state. And did we mention that Portsmouth is home to some of the most delightful restaurants in the region? Many of Portsmouth’s attractions are clustered within easy walking distance of each other, making it the perfect place to spend a day. And with its central location, it’s easy to get to – just a quick ferry ride from downtown Norfolk, a just minutes from Virginia Beach, and Colonial Williamsburg.
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Naval Medical center Portsmouth, Virginia has proudly served the military and their families since 1830 making it the Navy’s oldest continuously running hospital in the Navy medical system. Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center with ten branch clinics offers premier research and teaching programs designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen for the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is entrusted with the health readiness of the United States armed forces. Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who serve us so well.
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide inpatient obstetrical and gynecological care as well as consultative services in the Emergency Room. There will always be one (1) or more OB-GYN physicians on home call to assist with GYN surgeries or inpatient gynecological questions as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association, or permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid, unrestricted license (corresponding to the specialty required by the task order) in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess board certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Possess not less than two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years as a full-time OB/GYN or Laborist Physician while also performing forceps and cesarean deliveries.
- Possess and maintain current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Possess and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification.
- Possess and maintain Advance Life Support Obstetrics (ALSO) certification.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.