|Location||Manhattan, New York|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00098|
OT - Occupational Therapist
The Cultural, Financial, Media and Entertainment Capital of the World…
The Community - Manhattan, NY
Manhattan is the most densely populated borough of New York City, its economic and administrative center, and its historical birthplace. Locally, Manhattan is often referred to simply as The City. The borough is coextensive with New York County, one of the original counties of the U.S. state of New York. The borough consists mostly of Manhattan Island, bounded by the Hudson, East, and Harlem rivers; several small adjacent islands; and Marble Hill, a small neighborhood now on the U.S. mainland, physically connected to the Bronx and separated from the rest of Manhattan by the Harlem River. Manhattan Island is divided into three informally bounded compartments aligned on its long axis: Midtown Manhattan, Lower Manhattan, and Upper Manhattan. Manhattan is often described as the cultural, financial, media, and entertainment capital of the world, and the borough hosts the United Nations Headquarters. Anchored by Wall Street in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan, New York City has been called both the most economically powerful city and the leading financial center of the world, and Manhattan is home to the world's two largest stock exchanges by total market capitalization: the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ. Many multinational media conglomerates are based in Manhattan, and the borough has been the setting for numerous books, films, and television shows.
VA New York Harbor Healthcare System - Manhattan Campus
The VA New York Harbor Healthcare System (VA NYHHS) consists of three campuses located in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn; the East Side of Manhattan; and in St. Albans, Queens. VA NYHHS has Ambulatory Care Centers at all three campuses plus Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Harlem, downtown Brooklyn and Staten Island. The Brooklyn Campus is a tertiary care, academically-affiliated medical center located in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Campus has bed services in acute medicine, surgery, psychiatry and residential substance abuse. Specialized programs exist in comprehensive cancer care and non-invasive cardiology. The Cancer Care Program includes special expertise in palliative care and radiation oncology. The Radiation Oncology Service is fully equipped with both state-of-the -art brachytherapy and teletherapy services. Three-dimensional radiotherapy, prostate brachytherapy (seed implants), and high dose rate (HDR) treatments are routinely available. The Brooklyn Campus also provides specialized cardiac care in the area of electrophysiology.
Requirements (duties include, but are not limited to)
- Following the Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as set forth by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc.
- Adhering to all facility, PM&RS, Occupational Therapy policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with patients, families, and co-workers, using tact sensitivity, sound judgment and professional attitudes.
- Communicating with customers (e.g., veterans, family members, and the general public), coworkers and supervisors in a courteous, tactful, friendly and cooperative manner.
- Working with a great deal of independence in planning and carrying out complex treatment routines, adapting treatment procedures and changing or modifying treatment plans, with prior approval from the supervisor.
- Must possess certification by the National Board of Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice as an Occupational Therapist in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Functional Independent Measure (FIM) certification or knowledge is also required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.