|Location||Rome, New York|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00093|
PA - Physician Assistant - Administrative - Locums
In the Middle of Everything that is New York…
The Community - Rome, NY
Rome gained its reputation as the Copper City during the Industrial Revolution when the city produced an estimated 10 percent of all copper in the United States. Once a thriving industrial city, Rome has transformed itself to a City charging toward the 21st century focusing on the next generation of cybersecurity initiatives, unmanned aerial systems (UAS) testing and research, in conjunction with the world renowned Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) located at the former Griffiss Air Force Base home to over 5000 employees amid a mix of high technology, Department of Defense facilities and light industrial businesses. The City offers a rich quality of life with employment opportunities, an education system that prepares students for college, and a hospital that offers state of the art care, all with convenient accessibility to the region’s offerings. Nestled in the middle of New York State, Rome is only a short distance from the high peaks of the Adirondacks, New York City and Boston, and the world famous Niagara Falls.
New York Army National Guard
The New York Army National Guard is comprised of over 10,000 dedicated Citizen Soldiers. We are everyday people who are members of our community, who also put our lives on hold to defend, aid and protect our State and Great Nation. Our Soldiers are offered 100% Tuition Assistance at SUNY/CUNY Colleges, low-cost Health Insurance, paid training, and many other benefits for their Service. We are Always Ready, Always There!!
The administrative PA or NP will generally work 4 days in Rome, NY and 1 day in Syracuse, NY with paid mileage between the two locations, based out of the ANG clinic in Rome. Generally, the schedule would be Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week. This requirement is about a 4-month locums.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Support medical record currency, content and completion.
- Implement and manage the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) information management systems utilized for aerospace medicine and force health protection programs.
- Update physical examination data in required information management systems.
- Action record requests for documents are filed in the AHLTA Electronic Medical Records Program within established suspense.
- Provide training to all personnel who shall use the AHLTA Electronic Medical Records Program to ensure members are trained to successfully utilize the system.
Provide STR Management:
- Create, manage and process medical records for current members. Create medical records for new accessions within two weeks of receiving an enlistment order
- Process medical records for individuals scheduled for Basic Military Training,Technical School, Transfer and Discharge.
- Prepare medical records for individuals scheduled for monthly occupational health exams.
- Prepare medical records for individuals scheduled for medical readiness services and monthly physical exams.
- Prescreen medical records for medical/dental health issues that require evaluation for deployment eligibility. Provide data to unit health monitor prior to UTA’s.
- File documentation in individual medical/dental record in both the hard copy file and in the electronics Health readiness Record. Provide/input documentation of results of the Bi-monthly case reviews.
- Remove and ship medical records of Airmen who have left the NYANG to the records repository in 90 days of notification
Periodic Health Assessment (PHA) Program:
- Schedule members to complete occupational health requirements.
- Edit, review and validate medical records for accuracy and completeness.
- Document medical records and notify members to contact Public Health for occupational exam results.
- Comply with policies and procedures developed for the Occupational Health and Reproductive Health Programs. Ensure new policies and procedures are provided to medical staff in a timely manner.
Quality Assurance Reviews:
- Conduct annual medical/dental record reviews.
- Perform quality assurance checks on in-coming medical/dental records.
- Compile and complete special and recurring reports for the 224th Group.
- Tasks are completed on-time and meet suspense’s or an extension from the Health Technician is obtained.
Provide administrative support to the Med support Squadron:
- Enable expedited resolution of medical matters IAW AFIs by connecting personnel to the appropriate medical servicing entity, if not resident at EADS or the 174 MDG.
- Support unit command line of duty determinations, comprehensive airman fitness, fitness assessment exemptions, medical evaluation boards, profiles and waivers.
- Provide medical guidance and safety to mission items as needed for the commander, and implement solutions to medical issues as appropriate
- Support medical assessments as appropriate for comprehensive airman fitness, DPH and other programs. Provide customer service and medical information to unit members.
- Oversee and coordinate the unit Self-Aid Buddy Care Program.
- Provide medical administrator and liaison services for unit members with outside agencies as appropriate.
- Support immunizations, Periodic Health Assessments (PHA), dental and ASIMS administrative documentation.
- Must have a valid and current license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the United States.
- Must possess certification in the specialty trained.
- Must have minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
- Must be able to travel between Rome, NY and Syracuse, NY once per week (mileage reimbursed).
- Must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.