|Location||Fort Walton Beach, Florida|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00019|
MD/DO - Psychiatrist
The Vale of Paradise awaits you...
The Community - Fort Walton Beach Area in Florida
Located between Pensacola and Panama City along North Florida's glittering Gulf Coast, Fort Walton Beach offers its powdery white beaches, emerald waters, enjoyable golf courses, and much more. Fort Walton Beach boasts all the fun of the major vacation spots, minus the fuss. Home to family-friendly resorts and attractions such as parks, museums and aquariums, it's not just the calm, green waters and cool, white sand that make this northwest Florida destination a family favorite. The charming little town of Ft. Walton Beach is a favorite of families seeking not just to "get away " but to "get to " something truly wonderful. Here you'll find a quaint seaside downtown area with interesting shops and museums chock-full of fun and local history. A short drive away, there's a big treat waiting for you at the Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin Air Force Base. (Want to see what a Purple Heart looks like? How about a jet like the one Tom Cruise flew in Top Gun?) And when the sun goes down on Ft. Walton Beach, the volume goes up. You'll have your pick of an eclectic group of restaurants as well as other exciting nightlife.
Eglin Air Force Base
Eglin Air Force Base is located in northwest Florida, comprising over 640 square miles. This is a military friendly area and also a major tourist attraction due to the white sand beaches. Eglin is located 60 miles east of Pensacola, FL. BRAC 2005 is expected to make a major impact on Eglin and the surrounding infrastructure as the overall base population will increase to around 38,000 by 2015. Military Construction will total over $732 million.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
The Psychiatrist shall perform a full range and spectrum of comprehensive specialty care onsite at the MTF. Workload includes the evaluation and treatment of emergent, urgent, and non-emergent patients, normally ranging in age as young as 18 years to over 65 years. Workload is a result of scheduled appointments, walk-ins to the clinic from other departments, walk-ins for specific diagnoses, telephone calls, and consult requests.
- Examines, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats psychiatric disorders.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains and evaluates data through interview techniques.
- Diagnoses psychiatric disorders.
- Prescribes and evaluates effectiveness of a wide range of therapeutic measures.
- Shall be guided by the MTF formulary for prescriptions. Drugs not appearing on the formulary must be pre-approved by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Recommends disposition of psychiatric cases.
- Advises on problems related to mental health and prevention of mental disorders.
- Serves as medical and psychiatric consultant to clinical psychologists and clinical social workers.
- Advises on kind and quantity of psychiatric supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates psychiatric services with other medical activities.
- Instructs interns and residents in psychiatric principles and procedures.
- Shall be able to demonstrate proficiency in delivering Psychiatry services in a military healthcare setting.
- Must have graduated from a nationally accredited medical or osteopathic school that is acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General.
- Must be a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.).
- Must have at least 24 months of experience within the last 36 months as a licensed Psychiatrist.
- Must have current board certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- Must have completion of residency in psychiatry acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF.
- Shall have and maintain a valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Current certification in Healthcare Provider (HCP) Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.