|Location||Jacksonville, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00076|
RN - Registered Nurse - NICU
The “Youngest City in America” with a booming economy…
The Community - Jacksonville, NC
Onslow County is Americas fastest-growing county over the past five years, according to a federal agency that tracks economics. Onslow’s booming economy is fueled by Marines and sailors stationed at Camp Lejeune and New River Air Station, according to a recent report in the Charlotte Business Journal. The military, agriculture and tourism are the top three economic areas for North Carolina, which bodes well that they are also the top for Onslow County, she said. And Jacksonville is just 30 minutes from Emerald Isle and 55 minutes from historic Wilmington, NC, both favorite coastal resort destinations with pristine beaches and blue water.
Camp Lejeune - Home of the Expeditionary Forces
Home of 180,000 active duty, dependent, retiree and civilian employee population, Camp Lejeune boasts 156,000 acres of state-of-the-art training facilities including 11 miles of beach for amphibious operations, 32 gun positions, 48 tactical landing zones and 80 life fire ranges. Some services available aboard Camp Lejeune include: childcare, shopping, education, family support, hunting and fishing, dining, boating and swimming. Some facilities on base include banks and credit unions, the commissary, the library, hobby shops, fitness centers, the beach, theaters and more. From the supporting infrastructure, a tradition of excellence in doing day-to-day business has evolved. From environmental programs that include a state-of-the-art landfill and water treatment system to quality of life programs that ensure Marine families are taken care of, Camp Lejeune stands out as a superior military base.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but not limited to)
- Provide management of high-risk newborns (hypoglycemia, r/o sepsis, jaundice, failure to thrive, and respiratory distress, greater than 32 weeks gestation).
- Provide intravenous management (fluids, antibiotics).
- Provide management of cardiac/apnea monitors.
- Provide recovery of post C-section newborns (NRP as needed, shots, bath, assessment).
- Perform lab draws (CBC, Blood Cultures, PKU, bilirubin, dextrose).
- Perform stabilization for transport of high-risk patients (intubation, ventilator management, umbilical venous catheter, and umbilical arterial catheter).
- Provide family teaching/emotional support.
- Perform oxygen management functions (oxy hood, Oxygen Saturation monitors, Arterial Blood Gases).
- Provide circumcision pain management and comfort measures.
- Perform Orogastric feedings-maintain and delivery of feedings.
- Administration of TPN (Total Parental Nutrition) through Central lines.
- PICC line maintenance.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a level II or level III nursery within the last 5 years.
- Must have education as follows: Either (a), a bachelor’s degree in Nursing; or (b) a diploma graduate in Nursing; or (c) an associate degree in Nursing from an accredited university.
- Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.