|Location||Taylorsville, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||November 9, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00102|
RN - Registered Nurse - Travel - Corrections
Lucrative Travel Assignments
The Community - Taylorsville, NC
Taylorsville, NC is nestled in the foothills of the Brushy Mountains in beautiful Western North Carolina and is the county seat of Alexander County. We welcome you to enjoy all that our town has to offer. Taylorsville has the perfect combination of small town friendliness along with the amenities of a progressive town. Residents benefit from excellent schools, local urgent care, library and public safety services. Families enjoy a wide variety of events, several area parks & an affordable and wide selection of goods and services. Visit our two museums, learn about our history or enjoy our beautiful scenery.
Requirements (Duties and Qualifications include but are not limited to)
- Conduct inmate sick call weekly as dictated by policy, or assist unit physician with sick call when unit physician is present.
- Conduct segregation checks a minimum of three times per week or more as dictated by the prison unit standard operating procedures.
- Use approved nursing protocols to treat minor injuries and illnesses which do not require a physician’s attention.
- Prepare and administer medications as per physician order.
- Refer inmates to physician’s clinics, or hospitals as appropriate.
- Prepare medical records for transferring inmates, including following the policy and procedure for medication transfer.
- Provide inmates access to quality healthcare provided by competent healthcare professionals in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Ensure proper organization and maintenance of health records in accordance with the prison unit policies and the health policies and procedures manual, and assure that the prison unit health care standard operating procedures are maintained in a current state at all times.
- Ensure that all treatments and medications are fully documented in the patient’s health record.
- Possibly assume charge responsibilities as needed.
Surgical Nurse (Operating Room and Endoscopy) Additional Requirements
- Understanding of the principles of surgical asepsis or sterile technique.
- Expert knowledge on how to operate specialized equipment used in the operating room and how to position a patient to prevent complications.
- Ability to assess a patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Knowledgeable work as a scrub nurse or circulating nurse in an OR setting.
- Expert ability to perform duties before, during, and immediately after surgery.
- Experience with endoscopy to include colonoscopies, EGD’s, and biopsies with specimen collections.
- Ability to correctly label specimens and fill out lab requisitions and correct record keeping.
- Ability to start peripheral IVs and use central venous access portacaths, PICC lines, etc.
Oncology Nurse Additional Requirements
- Qualified to safely administer chemotherapy by various routes. The RN will assume responsibility for chemotherapy drug administration in order to assure quality patient care and patient safety.
- Knowledgeable on the handling and disposal of antineoplastic agents.
- Able to perform vascular access device management. Use central venous access portacaths, PICC lines, midlines, and start peripheral IVs.
- Ability to triage numerous symptoms patients with cancer encounter. Knowledge about pain assessment and both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management.
Mental Health Nurse Additional Requirements
- Crisis Intervention Training, ie: CPI, NCI, or CIT.
- Ability to access patients for abnormal movements and AIMS scoring.
- Must have and maintain an active, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina or Compact state license.
- Must have at least one (1) year of clinical experience as an RN or one (1) year in the specialty the RN would be working such as Surgical or Mental Health.
- Must have current BLS/CPR and/or ACLS certification as required.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.