|Date Posted||October 13, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||18-00003|
CP - Clinical Psychologist
At the crossroads for centuries…
The Community - Yuma, AZ
Yuma's geography shaped the Southwest, and because this was the safest spot to cross the Colorado River, all roads led to Yuma for travelers from Spanish explorers to Okies fleeing the Dust Bowl. Today Yuma is a vibrant multicultural community that celebrates its rich heritage, surrounded by wide-open spaces and pristine desert scenery - all with a river running through it. With more sunshine than any other city on earth, Yuma is a natural for all kinds of outdoor activities, from boating to golf to off-roading, great festivals or take a day trip south of the border. And when the sun goes down, you'll still find plenty to do, including gaming at three great casinos. Agriculture and Agritourism is the number one industry in Yuma, and it is known as the winter vegetable capital of the world. Several things account for that: Plentiful sunshine, rich soil, ample labor and high-quality irrigation water.
Yuma Branch Health Clinic in support of Camp Pendleton
Welcome to Branch Health Clinic Yuma! Yuma Branch Health Clinic is a TRICARE Prime Military Treatment Facility. Our principal beneficiaries are active duty and retired server members and their families.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Work closely with clinical staff and/or base personnel regarding patient awareness of mental and behavioral health wellness programs (addictions, stress management, group therapies).
- Deliver records and reports required to document procedures performed and care provided utilizing the Health Maintenance Strategies Manual (HMSI) standards.
- Serve as advisor and consultant to other staff in the specialized areas of clinical psychology to include comprehensive psychological evaluations, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Conduct clinical staff education when requested or warranted to enhance knowledge, understanding, awareness and screening, identification, treatment and monitoring of post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury and other combat and non-combat related disorders.
- Provide consultative behavioral health care for all enrollees in the Patient Centered Medical Home Port (MHP) using evidence-based interventions and Clinical Practice Guidelines where appropriate for treating behavioral health problems.
- Provide timely and succinct feedback to primary care physicians and/or PCMs regarding consultations findings and recommendations.
- Apply the biopsycho-social model of assessment to care provided. Present recommended treatment plans to the treatment teams (i.e. physicians, social workers, psychologists, Corpsmen and nursing staff as appropriate).
- Assess psychological state and use psycho-diagnostic evaluations and psychotherapy.
- Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in patient’s electronic medical record in no less than 24 hours after the patient is seen.
- Develop and participates in group medical appointments including Shared Medical Appointments (SMA) and Drop-In Group Medical Appointments (DlGMA) as requested by the Primary Care Manager (PCM).
- May be required travel local and/or national meetings or conferences.
- Have a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an American Psychology Association (APA) accredited psychology program.
- Successful completion of a psychologist Pre-Doctoral Internship program which has been accredited by the American Psychology Association (APA).
- Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess a minimum of two years postgraduate experience within the last three years as a Clinical Psychologist.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.