Internal Medicine Physician
|Date Posted||May 15, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00065|
MD/DO - Internal Medicine Physician
USA Today’s Top 5 Interesting Places to Go
The Community - Helena, MT
Located in southwest Montana, Helena is a beautiful getaway spot - a capital city that embraces its past but gives travelers lots of new things to do, too. USA Today recently called Helena one of Montana’s top 5 interesting places to go, praising the destination for its modern vibe while maintaining its historic Gold Rush heritage. “A modern city, Helena also has hung onto a lot of its past with the preservation of many of the old buildings and attractions that made it popular during the post Gold Rush years, when it became a haven for those who struck it rich,” the USA Today story says.
VA Montana Health Care System
The VA Montana Health Care System provides a VA presence in every major city in the state through a series of community based clinics, a community living center, and an acute care medical center. Fort Harrison (Helena) is a 34-bed acute care, medical-surgical facility that offers a broad range of acute, chronic, and specialized inpatient and outpatient services for both male and female veterans. Primary care is provided at Anaconda, Billings, Bozeman, Cutbank, Glasgow, Glendive, Great Falls, Havre, Kalispell, Lewistown, Miles City, and Missoula.
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Use the hospital computer system for checking electronic reports on a daily basis for accuracy and completeness, writing orders (i.e. Lab, consults, and admission) and approving patient results via electronic signature.
- Report any patient safety incidents in accordance with Quality Assurance Surveillance.
- Order routine laboratory, radiologic, and other diagnostic tests via Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS).
- Make daily rounds as required, changing orders when appropriate.
- Receive calls from other providers regarding all patients.
- Respond to patient telephone and secure messaging inquiries in accordance to established policy.
- Will be required to use CPRS to enter data into medical records.
- Must be Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM).
- Must have current license to practice medicine in any state, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Must have current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) as certified by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must have current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) number and National Practitioner Identifier (NPI).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.