|May 31, 2018
|Internal Job ID
MD/DO - Primary Care Physician
The Submarine Capital of the World
The Community - Groton, CT
Welcome to the Town of Groton, Connecticut. Located midway between New York and Boston, Groton is the largest municipality between New Haven, Connecticut, and the cities surrounding Providence, Rhode Island. Framed by the Thames River and the Mystic River, Groton is notable for its shores on Long Island Sound, just east of the end of Long Island. Both State and Municipal parks provide abundant access and views of the water. Groton is the home of the great US Naval Submarine Base, the Global Research and Development campus of Pharmaceutical, Inc., and the submarine construction facilities of the Electric Boat Division of General Dynamics, Inc. Other industries range from a traditional fishing boat fleet to advanced medical supply manufacturing. The recent completion of the University of Connecticut Marine Sciences center at Avery Point, with its related enterprises, gives Groton a unique place among centers of science and learning.
United States Coast Guard Academy
The United States Coast Guard Academy presents an unrivaled opportunity to attend an elite professional college that charges no tuition and guarantees a challenging and rewarding career upon graduation. Ranked among the nation’s most prestigious institutions of higher learning, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut, is proud to educate future leaders of America's multi-mission, maritime military force. Each year, approximately 200 graduates are commissioned as Coast Guard officers to help ensure the safety, security and stewardship of our nation’s waters.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide medical care based on primary and preventative care, to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under a limited scope of and within his/her skills and training.
- Manage medical care; basic mental screenings; medication adjustments; mild depression, anxiety, and loss/grief issues; and continuity of care.
- Emphasize wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Promote continuity and quality of care through an ongoing relationship.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Determine which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with protocol.
- Administer medications per facility protocols.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
- Primary Care Physician must be currently board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Primary Care Physician must possess two (2) years of recent clinical experience practicing as a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician.
- Primary Care Physician must possess current license to practice medicine in State of Clinic.
- Primary Care Physician must possess degree from an accredited school of medicine in the U.S.
- Primary Care Physician must have no unfavorable information on file with NPDB.
- Primary Care Physician must possess current DEA registration certification.
- Primary Care Physician must possess BLS from AHA, Red Cross, ASHI, or ACEP.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.