|Date Posted||May 30, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00095|
MD/DO - Primary Care Physician
The Birthplace of Country Music…
The Community - Bristol, VA
Bristol is located in the Blue Ridge Highlands region of Virginia and lies directly on the Virginia/Tennessee state line. Washington County surrounds the city. Known as "The Birthplace of Country Music," Bristol was the location of the first country music recordings made for national distribution. And in 1998, Congress made it official! Today, country music murals and monuments line Bristol's State Street. The new Birthplace of Country Music Museum provides a forum for live performances and also features collections of musical instruments and memorabilia from country music legends Lester Flatt, Earl Scruggs and Tennessee Ernie Ford, born on the Tennessee side of the street! Bristol is a major city along The Crooked Road: Virginia's Heritage Music Trail. NASCAR fans love Bristol International Speedway (actually on the Tennessee side)! And baseball fans can enjoy the Bristol White Sox, Advanced Rookie Team with the Chicago White Sox, who play at DeVault Memorial Stadium off I-81. The Bristol Parks and Recreation Department operates 15 parks and two 650-acre recreational areas for horseback riding, hiking and wildlife watching. The Bristol and Appalachian Caverns are other sites not to be missed.
Mountain Home VA Health System - Bristol CBOC
Since 1903, James H. Quillen VA Medical Center has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 170,000 veterans living in a 41-county area of Tennessee, Virginia, and Kentucky.
Requirements (duties include, but are not limited to)
- Initial Vesting Exams.
- Directing courses of medical treatment through consultation to specialist.
- Provide follow up medical exams for established patients
- Provide direction and support for staff to include the PACT Team-let; RN, LPN and Clerk.
- Provide an average of 10 – 12 face-to-face medical encounters per day.
- Participate in secure messaging with patients through the program My Healthy Vet.
- Record and complete encounter information and data in a template within CPRS.
- Provide timely medical services for patient who present to your assigned clinic as a walk-in.
- Provide and place orders and instructions for laboratory and radiology.
- Place Pharmacy orders as well as performing medication reconciliations.
- Ability to order narcotics for patients.
- Must have graduated from an accredited Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) program to include a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Residency.
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Practice (AOBFP) OR by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM).
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must be a US Citizen.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.