|San Pedro, California
|May 30, 2018
|Internal Job ID
MD/DO - Primary Care Physician
Southern California Life with a bit of Small-Town Charm…
The Community - San Pedro, Los Angeles, CA
Located on the southern end of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, San Pedro is one of the most historic and picturesque regions in Los Angeles. San Pedro is a unique blend of small-town charm, superb cultural attractions, eclectic shopping, America’s Port and a world class cruise center. San Pedro is squeezed in between the industrial areas of the Los Angeles and Long Beach Harbors and the posh housing communities of Rancho Palos Verdes and Palos Verdes Estates. Five diverse beaches can be found in the San Pedro area.
United States Coast Guard Los Angeles Long Beach
Base Los Angeles/Long Beach provides a wide variety of services in direct support of Coast Guard activities in Southern California. Among these are local and area housing, warehousing, health care, work-life, transportation of household goods, and personnel support services. Facilities maintenance is provided to all tenant commands and industrial support is provided throughout the West Coast. Base Los Angeles/Long Beach is located on Terminal Island within the Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach and is home to a variety of tenant commands.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide medical care based on primary and preventative care, to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under a limited scope of and within his/her skills and training.
- Manage medical care; basic mental screenings; medication adjustments; mild depression, anxiety, and loss/grief issues; and continuity of care.
- Emphasize wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Promote continuity and quality of care through an ongoing relationship.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Determine which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with protocol.
- Administer medications per facility protocols.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
- Primary Care Physician must be currently board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Primary Care Physician must possess two (2) years of recent clinical experience practicing as a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician.
- Primary Care Physician must possess current license to practice medicine in State of Clinic.
- Primary Care Physician must possess degree from an accredited school of medicine in the U.S.
- Primary Care Physician must have no unfavorable information on file with NPDB.
- Primary Care Physician must possess current DEA registration certification.
- Primary Care Physician must possess BLS from AHA, Red Cross, ASHI, or ACEP.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.