Registered Nurse – Psychiatric
|Location||Butner, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00021|
RN - Registered Nurse - Psychiatric
Lucrative Travel Assignments
The Community - Butner, NC
Located in southern Granville County, the Town of Butner offers its residents a high quality of life. This is attributed to its rich history in agriculture and its role in World War II. With a strong vision for the future, Butner offers the ideals of small town living with the ease of being just minutes from the Triangle. Located less than twenty minutes from Durham with easy access to I-85, Butner invites you to experience the opportunities in employment, recreation and housing offered here.
Central Regional Hospital
Central Regional Hospital (CRH) is one of three State psychiatric hospitals in North Carolina. It is operated by the Division of State-Operated Healthcare Facilities (DSOHF) within the North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services. The hospital provides psychiatric and medical care to adults and adolescents in 25 counties in the central region of the North Carolina. CRH also serves children ages 11 and under from all 100 counties of North Carolina.
CRH has a major teaching mission. It is a psychiatry residency training site for both the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University. In addition to psychiatric residents, CRH provides training rotations for medical students, nurses, social workers, psychologists, chaplains, physical therapists, occupational therapists, recreation therapists and a variety of other disciplines. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The hospital also is certified to provide treatment by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
At Central Regional Hospital these positions are responsible for providing professional nursing care to assigned individuals and professional nursing supervision to LPN's and health care technicians, etc. The RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing actions and assures coordination of care to assigned caseload. The RN acts as a team leader when assigned, including but not limited to medication treatment, administration, care planning, implementation, collaboration with multidisciplinary team to ensure provision and continuity of care.
Our units include Acute Adult (AAU), Community Transition (CTU), Geriatric Services (GSU), Medical Psychiatric (MPU), Child and Adolescent (CAU), Forensic Services (FSU) and Screening and Admissions (SAU). A description of units are as follows:
- Screening Admissions Unit (SAU) SAU provides compassionate, efficient, and safe clinical evaluation of all patients presenting for admission due to acute problems with a psychiatric and/or substance abuse disorder or patients that cannot be managed safely as outpatients in the community.
- Acute Adult Unit (AAU) Focus on Wellness not on Illness - AAU serves patients ages 18-64 presenting with multiple diagnoses including primary psychiatric as well as substance abuse and medical diagnoses. The goal of AAU is stabilization so patients can return to living in the community as independently as possible.
- Community Transition Unit (CTU) CTU serves patients 18-64 who are transferred from one of the acute admission units for long term treatment aimed at reducing and managing their symptoms while strengthening life skills needed to successfully return to community living.
- Geriatrics Service Unit GSU) GSU serves patients 65 and older with primary psychiatric diagnoses which may include Alzheimer's/Dementia who exhibit behaviors such as agitation, aggression and confusion in addition to medical diagnoses.
- Medical Psychiatric Unit MPU provides Medical Surgical care for acute illnesses and chronic conditions that are unable to be treated on the psych units and functions as the Emergency Response Team (CODE Blue).
- Child & Adolescent Unit (CAU) CAU serves latency ages 5-11 and adolescents ages 12-17 who present with problems such as abuse, neglect, ADHD, PTSD, depression, school failure, poor social skills and delayed language by using collaborative problem solving by an interdisciplinary team.
- Forensic Services Unit (FSU)FSU is a three sectional unit serving the Pretrial, Maximum, Medium and Minimum security needs of court-ordered patients.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted North Carolina or Compact state license.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year psychiatric RN experience.
- Must have current BLS/CPR and/or ACLS certification as required.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.