|Black Mountain, North Carolina
|August 23, 2017
|Internal Job ID
RN - Registered Nurse - Psychiatric
Lucrative Travel Assignments
The Community - Black Mountain, NC
Black Mountain is a quaint village with 40+ shops, 30 restaurants and three breweries, Lookout, Pisgah and Ciderworks. Some of our favorite shopping stops are the Town Hardware & General Store, Black Mountain Iron Works, Take a Hike Outfitters, Dancing Dragonfly, Seven Sisters Gallery, and the sprawling Tyson Furniture Company (covers a whole block). Take a break at Dripolator Coffeehouse. The Black Mountain Center for the Arts is a community arts facility in the beautifully renovated Old City Hall and houses monthly exhibits in the gallery along with programs in music, visual and performing arts. Just a few blocks from downtown in their quaint city park, Lake Tomahawk (401 S. Laurel Circle Drive) with a half-mile loop trail around the lake with views of Graybeard Mountain and the Seven Sisters peaks.
Many folks come to know Black Mountain through the numerous conference centers located within a few miles of the town, including Ridgecrest, Blue Ridge Assembly, The Cove, and Christmount. The small township of Montreat, the home of the Reverend Billy Graham, actually abuts the city limits of Black Mountain and is a unique and charming village in itself, with a small liberal arts college and the Montreat Conference Center. If exploring this area, be sure and check out the beautiful Ben Long fresco in the chapel on the campus grounds.
Position Overview (duties include but are not limited to)
The Registered Nurse (RN) is to provide comprehensive patient care both directly and indirectly to patients at the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Center (ADATC). The priority of the nurse is safety for the patients and staff, and safety of the environment. The Nurse may be assigned to a primary ward, however cross training is required, and nurses float from ward to ward as dictated by the needs of the patients, the skills of the staff members for the particular shift, and at times to provide continuity for a nurse who is working overtime.
- Assessing the patient, planning care (Nursing Care Plans).
- Implementing care and evaluating of care provided.
- Facilitate educational and supportive groups.
- Provide individual/group education related to specific disease processes, preventive health, medication usage.
- Day to day direction of Health Care Technicians assigned to the ward and participates in the evaluation of HCTs assigned to the primary ward.
- Designated person in charge and will direct interventions in a crisis.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted North Carolina or Compact state license.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year psychiatric RN experience.
- Must have current BLS/CPR and/or ACLS certification as required.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.