|October 30, 2017
|Internal Job ID
RN - Registered Nurse - Psychiatric
Lucrative Travel Assignments
The Community - Pueblo, CO
Pueblo is a multicultural community in Southeastern Colorado at the confluence of the Arkansas River and Fountain Creek. Downtown's 1.5-mile Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project serves as a centerpiece for the city's three-district Creative Corridor of galleries, cultural destinations and events. One such festival, the hugely popular Loaf ‘N Jug Chile & Frijoles Festival, celebrates Pueblo's famous green chiles. While there's definitely a sense of history here — Pueblo made Livability.com's Top 10 Cities for Historic Preservation list, the city enjoys contemporary recognition on both national and international levels as the home of Colorado State University-Pueblo (2014 NCAA Division II Football National Champions) and Professional Bull Riders, Inc.
- Two Colorado cities named Top 5 Best Places to Live reported by US News & World Report
- Enjoy all four seasons
- Close to the mountains
- Family-oriented small-town atmosphere
- Only 90 minutes to Denver and 35 minutes to Colorado Springs
- Home of the Colorado State Fair
- Enjoy our Historic Riverwalk, Pueblo Reservoir/State Park and museums
- Low cost of living
Colorado Mental Health Institute
Colorado Mental Health Institute Pueblo (CMHIP) is a 449-bed hospital that provides inpatient behavioral health services for adults, adolescents and geriatric patients. The hospital admits civil patients, referred from the state’s community mental health centers and forensic patients, who are found “not guilty by reason of insanity” or “incompetent to proceed” (defendants unable to assist in their own defense). CMHIP also provides evaluations of competency to stand trial for individuals referred for evaluation by the state’s courts. Patients' families, friends and loved ones are encouraged to visit and maintain relationships with patients while hospitalized. CMHIP is located in southern Colorado on a 300-acre campus. As one of Pueblo's largest employers, we offer career opportunities in many multi-disciplinary professions, including nursing, psychology, social work and medicine. CMHIP is accredited through the Joint Commission.
Position Overview (duties include, but are not limited to)
We are seeking an exceptional individual for the Nurse I (Registered Nurse) position. An ideal candidate is a caring leader who will provide professional skilled nursing activities in a mental health setting that include: acute care, chronic support, assessment, and interventions. Although this position will be assigned to a specific shift and unit, you occasionally may be required to work any unit.
- Provide direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of treatment. This could include: family involvement, case management, formulation of individualized nursing care plans, implementing infection control measures, delivering crises intervention, providing direct patient contact in individual and group therapy sessions, teaching patients and co-workers, and providing direct care in emergency situations.
- Assess, evaluate, and communicate changes in mental status related to medication effectiveness and adverse reactions.
- Documents and updates patient records per nursing department standards
- Evaluate patient care on an ongoing basis to ensure continuity of care
- Monitors infection control including equipment sterility
- Employs de-escalation techniques, counseling, and intervenes with Therapeutic Interventions for Physical Safety to control assaultive or self-destructive behavior.
- May be responsible to explain work processes, train, and assign task to Psychiatric Care Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse, Mental Health Clinician and/or Client Care Aide.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Must possess a valid, active Registered Nurse License issued by the State of Colorado OR any state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact.
- Nursing experience as a Registered Nurse in mental health setting.
- Experience in a Behavioral Health, Forensic, or Geriatric Unit
- Must have current BLS/CPR and/or ACLS certification as required.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.