|Date Posted||July 3, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00104|
Forbe’s - America’s most educated small town
The Community - Bethesda, MD
Bethesda is located in southern Montgomery County, Maryland, just northwest of the United States capital of Washington, D.C. It takes its name from a local church, the Bethesda Meeting House (1820, rebuilt 1849), which in turn took its name from Jerusalem's Pool of Bethesda. The National Institutes of Health main campus and the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center are in Bethesda, as are a number of corporate and government headquarters. Bethesda is one of the most affluent and highly educated communities in the United States. In 2014 it placed first in Forbes list of America's most educated small towns and first on CNNMoney.com's list of top-earning American towns in 2012. In April 2009, Forbes ranked Bethesda second on its list of "America's Most Livable Cities." In October 2009, based on education, income, health, and fitness, Total Beauty ranked Bethesda first on its list of the U.S.'s "Top 10 Hottest-Guy Cities."
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is the Nation’s Medical Center, proudly serving military beneficiaries in the Washington, D.C. area as well as those from across the country and around the globe. As the largest military medical center in the U.S., we are a tertiary care destination providing services in over 100 clinics and specialties. We are proud to be known as the first destination in the continental United States for caring for the wounded, ill and injured from global conflicts.
OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited)
We are in need of full-time MRI Technologists for all shifts, Morning (0630-1500), Evening (1430-2300), and Nights (2230-0700), Monday-Friday as well as weekends at Walter Reed Military Medical Center.
- Perform routine diagnostic radiological procedures/services as appropriate
- Adhere to radiation safety policies and procedures in accordance with Radiology Department policies and procedures.
- Send appropriate image series to the radiologist for reading according to MTF protocol.
- Correctly position the patient for the examination and make technical adjustments necessary for the required examination. Determine if any special patient preparation is required.
- Process digital images and submit for interpretation by radiologists.
- Document all procedures and maintain records in accordance with MTF policy.
- As directed, perform system calibrations and quality control tasks according to the manufacturer and MTF policy. Recognize artifacts and equipment errors and notify designated Government personnel of outlying values.
- Initiate repair call procedures for equipment malfunctions by notifying designated Government personnel.
- Report problems to the Biomedical Repair Section and record the problem condition in the trouble call log book.
- Observe and report to the radiologist any symptoms which have direct bearing on the patient's condition as a result of adverse reaction to contrast media and inform the radiologist of any condition requiring his/her attention. Recognize the need for and institute the necessary emergency measures for situations where a person requires resuscitation procedures due to cardiac or respiratory arrest.
- Must have and maintain active ARRT registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' of experience as an MRI Technologist.
- Must have experience with GE and Siemens MRI scanners
- Must have knowledge of anatomy, physiology, cross-sectional anatomy, and a wide range of technical methods, principles, and practices in the field of MRI.
- Must have knowledge of the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) to enable the technologist to review, evaluate image quality, orient, align, transmit and post process images properly as required.
- Must have and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must be a US citizen
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.