|Date Posted||October 22, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00145|
Physician Assistant - Primary Care
The Beautiful City Requires Your Talents…
The Community - Belleville, IL
Belleville is a city in St. Clair County, Illinois, coterminous with the now defunct Belleville Township. The population was 42,034 according to the Census Bureau's 2015 estimates. It is the eighth-most populated city outside the Chicago Metropolitan Area and the most populated city south of Springfield in the state of Illinois. It is the county seat of St. Clair County, and the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Belleville and the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows. Belleville is the most populated city in the Metro-East region of the St. Louis Metropolitan Area and in Southern Illinois. Due to its proximity to Scott Air Force Base, the population receives a boost from military and federal civilian personnel, defense contractors, and military retirees.
Scott Air Force Base
Scott Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base in St. Clair County, Illinois, near Belleville and 25 miles southeast of St Louis, MO. Scott Field was one of thirty-two Air Service training camps established after the United States entered World War I in April 1917. Its airfield is also used by civilian aircraft, with civilian operations at the base referring to the facility as MidAmerica St. Louis Airport. MidAmerica has operated as a Joint Use Airport since beginning operations in November 1997. Allegiant Air, the only commercial with scheduled flights at the airport, pulled out of the airport on January 3, 2009, but resumed direct flights to Orlando in 2012.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness. Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in physician assistant studies from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Must be National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA) certified.
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience as a practicing Physician Assistant.
- Have and maintain current American Heart Association (AHA) approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.