|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 21, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00140|
Nurse Practitioner - Diabetes Focused
The Birthplace of Aviation - leader of aerospace technology
The Community - Dayton, OH
Known as The Birthplace of Aviation, Dayton is home to the Wright Brothers, the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, the Wright family mansion Hawthorn Hill, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force (the world’s largest and oldest military aviation museum and the state’s most visited free tourist attraction!), and Wright Patterson Air Force Base where scientists and engineers at the Air Force Research Laboratories are developing the latest in aerospace technology. Dayton/Montgomery County, located at one of the busiest crossroads of America, where I-75 north/south meets I-70 east/west, also boasts an international airport serviced by the major carriers. Accessible, affordable, Dayton/Montgomery County offers world-class attractions, diverse accommodations, fantastic arts and culture performances, beautiful parks with bike and recreation trails, a variety of sporting venues and events, plus fabulous shopping and dining.
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is located less than one mile from the city of Fairborn, Ohio. The City of Dayton is within 5 miles of the installation. The base is one of the largest and most important bases in the U.S. Air Force. The past, present and future at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base are all linked with the Wright Brothers' legacy. The Wright Brothers called Dayton, Ohio, home and Daytonians have long since called their city the "Birthplace of Aviation."
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Implement/execute acute/chronic adult endocrinology clinic program care requirements.
- Management of endocrine related diseases focusing on the treatment of patients with diabetes (acute and chronic conditions) and thyroid disease within accepted protocols.
- Acts in collaboration with the physician in the health care of patients with endocrine related diseases.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
- Requests consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Orders diagnostic tested as applicable.
- Prescribes and dispenses medications as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in clinic meetings, provides input to improve patient care, and maximizes coding to meet Relative Value Unit (RVU) Targets.
- Prepares reports, presentations, and other written material in support of endocrinology clinic.
- Communicates and collaborates with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family.
- Plans, coordinates, markets, and conducts evidence-based programs and services aimed at endocrinology education, health improvement, and disease intervention/prevention.
- Must be a graduate of a Masters of Nursing (MSN) program from an accredited school.
- Must have a minimum of twenty-four (24) months within the last forty-eight (48) months as a Nurse Practitioner with Adult Care and at least twelve (12) months experience in that window with Endocrine patients in an outpatient setting.
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Have and maintain current American Heart Association (AHA) approved Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.