|Date Posted||October 30, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00146|
RN - Registered Nurse - Case Manager
Tap into your sense of adventure!
The Community - Anchorage, AK
The beautiful and diverse city of Anchorage is the largest city in Alaska and is sometimes referred to as "The Banana Belt” of Alaska. From the sparkling waters of Cook Inlet to the tallest peaks of the Chugach Mountains, Anchorage encompasses wild adventures and metropolitan appeals that form larger-than-life experiences. Anchorage is a unique, year-round destination with once-in-a-lifetime experiences, a place where young spirits and adventurous souls come to play. Step foot on a glacier, fish for king salmon, hike to a mountain vista, fly out to Mount McKinley, cruise in comfort through Prince William Sound and enjoy hip, metropolitan amenities with frontier flair.
Elmendorf Air Force Base
Formerly known as Elmendorf Field, in 2010 it merged with nearby Fort Richardson to form Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson. The 673rd Wing is JBER's host unit. As the largest and principle unit within the 11th AF, the 3rd Wing is tasked with providing air defense and air superiority in Alaska, as well as supporting Pacific Air Forces during contingencies in the Pacific Command area of responsibility.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Participate in all phases of the Case Management Program (CMP) and ensure that the CMP meets the established case management (CM) standards of care.
- Provide nursing expertise about the CM process, including assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, and monitoring. Identify opportunities for CM and identify and integrate local CM processes.
- Develop and implement tools to support case management, such as those used for patient identification and patient assessment, clinical practice guidelines, algorithms, CM software, and databases for community resources.
- Integrate CM and utilization management (UM) and integrating nursing case management with social work case management.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate community agencies and organizations.
- Accurately collect and document patient care data.
- Develop treatment plans including preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, psychosocial, and clinical interventions to ensure continuity of care toward the goal optimal wellness.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure proper implementation of patient treatment plan and follow-up post discharge in ambulatory and community health care settings.
- Provide appropriate health care instruction to patient and/or caregivers based on identified learning needs.
- Must be an RN with Bachelor’s Degree (BSN) or higher from an accredited school.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year recent experience as a Case Manager.
- Must have and maintain certification in one of the following:
- Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S).
- National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.