|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 4, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00119|
“City of Destiny” - sitting at the foot of Mount Rainier
The Community - Tacoma, WA
Tacoma is the perfect base point for exploring Mount Rainier National Park and the spectacular landscape surrounding. It is known as the "City of Destiny" because the area was chosen to be the western terminus of the Northern Pacific Railroad in the late 19th century. The decision of the railroad was influenced by Tacoma's neighboring deep-water harbor, Commencement Bay. By connecting the bay with the railroad Tacoma's motto became "When rails meet sails." Today, Commencement Bay serves the Port of Tacoma, a center of international trade on the Pacific Coast and Washington state's largest port.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) is an U.S. military installation home to I Corps and 62d Airlift Wing located 9.1 miles south-southwest of Tacoma under the jurisdiction of the United States Army Joint Base Garrison, Joint Base Lewis-McChord. The facility is an amalgamation of the United States Army's Fort Lewis and the United States Air Force's McChord Air Force Base which merged on 1 February 2010 into a Joint Base as a result of Base Realignment and Closure Commission recommendations of 2005.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
The Optometrist will provide personal services for the Refractive Surgery Clinics for the Madigan Army Medical Center (MAMC), Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and military policies, procedures, and standards.
- Must have a valid Degree in Optometry from an accredited college approved by the Council of Optometric Education of the American Optometric Association.
- Must have and maintain board certification from the American Board of Optometry.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted state license to practice as an Optometrist in any state in the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guan, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Shall have a minimum two (2) years total clinical experience as an Optometrist. Additionally, at least twelve (12) months of the experience must have occurred within the past eighteen (18) months.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as an Optometrist in a high volume Refractive Surgery Practice/Department.
- Must be able to use various clinical automation systems as required; Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Ambulatory Data System (ADS), and Defense Medical Human Resource System (DMHRSi).
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.