|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Brooklyn, New York|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00097|
PT - Physical Therapist
The Epitome of ‘Cool and Hip’…
The Community - Brooklyn, NY
New York City’s most populous borough, Brooklyn, is home to nearly 2.6 million residents. If Brooklyn were an independent city it would be the fourth largest city in the United States. While Brooklyn has become the epitome of ‘cool and hip’ in recent years, for those that were born here, raised families here and improved communities over the years, Brooklyn has never been ‘uncool’. The world is simply catching up to what they’ve always known. Brooklyn has long been the melting pot of the United States. Home to as many as 200 different languages and a population that is nearly 40 percent foreign born, Brooklyn’s diversity is a shining example of multi-culturalism at work in the United States. The diversity of our people is mirrored in the diversity of our neighborhoods, economy and ideas, all of which make Brooklyn a hotbed for innovation, culture and history.
VA New York Harbor Healthcare System
The VA New York Harbor Healthcare System (VA NYHHS) consists of three campuses located in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn; the East Side of Manhattan; and in St. Albans, Queens. VA NYHHS has Ambulatory Care Centers at all three campuses plus Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Harlem, downtown Brooklyn and Staten Island. The Brooklyn Campus is a tertiary care, academically-affiliated medical center located in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Campus has bed services in acute medicine, surgery, psychiatry and residential substance abuse. Specialized programs exist in comprehensive cancer care and non-invasive cardiology. The Cancer Care Program includes special expertise in palliative care and radiation oncology. The Radiation Oncology Service is fully equipped with both state-of-the -art brachytherapy and teletherapy services. Three-dimensional radiotherapy, prostate brachytherapy (seed implants), and high dose rate (HDR) treatments are routinely available. The Brooklyn Campus also provides specialized cardiac care in the area of electrophysiology.
Requirements (duties include, but are not limited to)
- Following the Physical Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as set forth by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Adhering to all facility, PM&RS, Physical Therapy policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with patients, families, and co-workers, using tact sensitivity, sound judgment and professional attitudes.
- Communicating with customers (e.g., veterans, family members, and the general public), coworkers and supervisors in a courteous, tactful, friendly and cooperative manner.
- Working with a great deal of independence in planning and carrying out complex treatment routines, adapting treatment procedures and changing or modifying treatment plans, with prior approval from the supervisor.
- Must possess certification by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice as a Physical Therapist in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Functional Independent Measure (FIM) certification or knowledge is also required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.