|Date Posted||July 24, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00105|
RN - Registered Nurse - Hemodialysis
The Birthplace of Aviation - leader of aerospace technology
Known as The Birthplace of Aviation, Dayton is home to the Wright Brothers, the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, the Wright family mansion Hawthorn Hill, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force (the world’s largest and oldest military aviation museum and the state’s most visited free tourist attraction!), and Wright Patterson Air Force Base where scientists and engineers at the Air Force Research Laboratories are developing the latest in aerospace technology. Dayton/Montgomery County, located at one of the busiest crossroads of America, where I-75 north/south meets I-70 east/west, also boasts an international airport serviced by the major carriers. Accessible, affordable, Dayton/Montgomery County offers world-class attractions, diverse accommodations, fantastic arts and culture performances, beautiful parks with bike and recreation trails, a variety of sporting venues and events, plus fabulous shopping and dining.
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base - Dayton, OH
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is located less than one mile from the city of Fairborn, Ohio. The City of Dayton is within 5 miles of the installation. The base is one of the largest and most important bases in the U.S. Air Force. The past, present and future at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base are all linked with the Wright Brothers' legacy. The Wright Brothers called Dayton, Ohio, home and Daytonians have long since called their city the "Birthplace of Aviation."
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility.
- Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Communicates and collaborates with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Operates and monitors hemodialysis machines and portable reverse osmosis machines and other specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring devices, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment. Performs, initiates, monitors, and terminates dialysis treatments (as needed).
- Receives reports from other health care members on the physical and emotional status of each patient as necessary.
- Ensures all physicians’ orders are executed as written. Communicates accurate and pertinent patient information to the responsible physician (in a timely manner).
- Communicates accurate and pertinent patient, staff, and operational information to the Director of Nephrology Services and Nephrology staff (in a timely manner).
- Implements nursing interventions to prevent complications, decreasing the need for hospitalization.
- Must be able to calculate simple mathematical equation. Performs or assists with the performance of specialized testing /procedures including EKG’s, ambulatory B/P monitoring, periodic HD adequacy testing, Kidney Biopsies, and other nephrology testing as necessary.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (as required).
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ recent experience as a hemodialysis nurse.
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Have and maintain current American Heart Association (AHA) approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.