|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||18-00081|
MD/DO - Anesthesiologist - Interventional Pain
Tap into your sense of adventure!
The Community - Anchorage, AK
The beautiful and diverse city of Anchorage is the largest city in Alaska and is sometimes referred to as "The Banana Belt” of Alaska. From the sparkling waters of Cook Inlet to the tallest peaks of the Chugach Mountains, Anchorage encompasses wild adventures and metropolitan appeals that form larger-than-life experiences. Anchorage is a unique, year-round destination with once-in-a-lifetime experiences, a place where young spirits and adventurous souls come to play. Step foot on a glacier, fish for king salmon, hike to a mountain vista, fly out to Mount McKinley, cruise in comfort through Prince William Sound and enjoy hip, metropolitan amenities with frontier flair.
Elmendorf Air Force Base
Formerly known as Elmendorf Field, in 2010 it merged with nearby Fort Richardson to form Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson. The 673rd Wing is JBER's host unit. As the largest and principle unit within the 11th AF, the 3rd Wing is tasked with providing air defense and air superiority in Alaska, as well as supporting Pacific Air Forces during contingencies in the Pacific Command area of responsibility.
REQUIREMENTS - 100% Interventional Pain in an Outpatient Setting
- Assists in the directing and coordinating of activities in the Pain Management Department
- Provide comprehensive medical and advanced interventional pain treatments to patients with complex pain conditions including consultation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and treatment.
- Performing pain management procedures when appropriate, including but not limited to epidural steroid injections, facet injections, transforaminal blocks, sympathetic blocks, radiofrequency nerve ablation, and management of oral medication
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the operations and delivery of Pain Management.
- Attend monthly Anesthesiology Department meetings (or Surgical Services Department meetings in the absence of an Anesthesiology Department), and quarterly MTF Medical/Dental Professional Staff meetings.
- Must have current board certification by the American Board of Anesthesiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesiology.
- Must have and maintain a current license to practice in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).