|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 20, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00128|
CRNA - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
The Birthplace of Aviation - leader of aerospace technology
Known as The Birthplace of Aviation, Dayton is home to the Wright Brothers, the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, the Wright family mansion Hawthorn Hill, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force (the world’s largest and oldest military aviation museum and the state’s most visited free tourist attraction!), and Wright Patterson Air Force Base where scientists and engineers at the Air Force Research Laboratories are developing the latest in aerospace technology. Dayton/Montgomery County, located at one of the busiest crossroads of America, where I-75 north/south meets I-70 east/west, also boasts an international airport serviced by the major carriers. Accessible, affordable, Dayton/Montgomery County offers world-class attractions, diverse accommodations, fantastic arts and culture performances, beautiful parks with bike and recreation trails, a variety of sporting venues and events, plus fabulous shopping and dining.
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base - Dayton, OH
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is located less than one mile from the city of Fairborn, Ohio. The City of Dayton is within 5 miles of the installation. The base is one of the largest and most important bases in the U.S. Air Force. The past, present and future at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base are all linked with the Wright Brothers' legacy. The Wright Brothers called Dayton, Ohio, home and Daytonians have long since called their city the "Birthplace of Aviation."
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Manage patient anesthesia experience, perform preoperative evaluations and preparations, administer monitored anesthesia care, regional and general anesthesia, monitor and manage patient reactions to anesthesia and surgery, manage fluid therapy, perform and manage invasive monitoring, and perform post-operative evaluations as privileged by the credentials committee.
- Advise appropriate anesthesiologist of adverse reactions necessitating non-delegated medical decisions; take appropriate actions as directed or required.
- Assist with the training of other staff personnel to include in venipuncture and intravenous therapy, respiratory care, and anesthesia.
- Indicate responsibility for the contents and accuracy of all prepared reports/forms by affixing his/her own signature to the documents after validation
- Attend and participate in professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities.
- Department quality improvement activities as assigned by the department chief may include, but not limited to:
- Occurrence screening checklist
- Patient care chart audits
- Special studies on quality of care within the Anesthesia Service
- Non-clinical duties will include, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining cleanliness of anesthesia work areas and equipment
- Rotation of stock and removal of supplies nearing expiration
- Reviewing and updating of departmental operating instructions
- Hospital committee representation
- Orientation of personnel
- Must hold a Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited school.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in anesthesia post-graduation.
- Must have at least twelve (12) months within the last twenty-four (24) months providing epidural analgesia (labor epidurals).
- Must have experience in the delivery of and monitoring of all types of anesthesia utilized in the delivery of obstetrical anesthesia (general endotracheal, subarachnoid block and epidural).
- Must have knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.