|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00060|
RPh - Clinical Pharmacist
Monday-Thursday, 32 hours per week…
The Community - McMinnville, TN
If you're looking for a spot that is off the beaten path, look no further than McMinnville, Tennessee. McMinnville is located almost exactly halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee. Today, Warren County is best known as the Nursery (plants) Capital of the World. With hundreds of nurseries offering both wholesale and retail shopping, Warren County is a landscaping hobbyist's dream. Yet, trees and shrubs is not all Warren County has to offer! The Black House The oldest remaining residence in McMinnville was built in 1825 by Jesse Coffee and was distinct in its time due to its exterior brick construction. The Black House, situated on the southeast corner of Main and High streets in the downtown business district, gained the name by which it is best known through the ownership and occupancy of Dr. Thomas Black and his family. The house where Dr. Black practiced medicine was deeded by his descendant, the late Jean Leonard, to The Eagle Club which began restoration of the structure in the early 1980s. Cumberland Caverns: Tennessee's Largest Show Cave With more than 32 known miles and many more estimated miles of virgin cave, Cumberland Caverns is one of the most extensive caves in Tennessee. Aaron Higginbotham, a surveyor, first discovered the cave in 1810. Unfortunately, Higginbotham entered the cave alone and became trapped on a ledge when his lantern went out. Local legend says that, when the rescue party reached him, his hair had turned white, presumably out of fear. Since then, Cumberland Caverns has played a major role in events such as the Civil War, the War of 1812, and the War Between The States.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-4:30pm - 32 hours per week.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Assigning duties; development of performance standards and performance evaluations; recommendations for appointment, awards, advancement, and, when appropriate, disciplinary actions; identification of continuing education and training needs; etc.;
- Serving as a consultant within Pharmacy Service and with other facility health care staff in evaluating health care delivery to patients; and
- Assessing, planning and evaluating the pharmacy program to ensure proper coordination between the delivery of pharmacy services and the overall delivery of health care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a specialized area of clinical pharmacy practice or specialty area of pharmacy such as quality assurance/utilization review, informatics systems, drug information, etc. This level of knowledge is usually characterized by at least 1 year of experience in a specialized clinical area or advanced training/certification;
- Comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacoeconomics and pharmacotherapeutics. This level of knowledge is usually characterized by at least 1 year of experience in a specialized clinical area or advanced training/certification;
- Skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters;
- Knowledge of the design, conduct, and interpretation of controlled clinical drug trials or other research related to health care;
- Ability to communicate orally to persuade and influence clinical decisions;
- Ability to communicate in writing to persuade and influence clinical decisions;
- Comprehensive knowledge of DEA, FDA, VA, the State (Territory of District of Columbia, if appropriate), TJC and other standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs to both inpatients and outpatients (including research and investigational drugs); and
- Ability to manage people and/or programs.
- Must have successfully completed an ACPE-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program.
- Must have successfully completed an American Society of Health System Pharmacist-accredited PGY1 Residency program in Ambulatory Care.
- Board Certification in Ambulatory Care is preferred, but not required.
- Must have two (2) years of experience as a pharmacist.
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered license to practice pharmacy in the State of Tennessee.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.