|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Rapid City, South Dakota|
|Date Posted||September 20, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00094|
DDS - Dentist
The Majestic Black Hills are in need of your skillset…
The Community - Rapid City, SD
The area has a rich history that includes Crazy Horse, Sitting Bull, General George Custer, Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane and Jack "Crooked Nose" McCall to name but a few. Western South Dakota and the Black Hills offer a myriad of activities, especially for those who enjoy nature and the outdoors. Opportunities for fishing, boating, snow and water skiing, hunting, hiking and camping await those who appreciate being outdoors. Whatever the season, the Ellsworth and the Black Hills can be a wonderful place to work and live. Gallup-Healthways agrees with this statement in their released Well-Being Index for 2014 on February 20, 2015. South Dakota ranked third out of all the fifty states. A holistic definition of well-being and self-reported data from individuals were used as the elements that matter most to well-being: purpose, social, financial, community and physical. It is the most proven, mature and comprehensive measure of well-being in populations. Welcome to South Dakota!
Ellsworth Air Force Base
Nestled in the majestic Black Hills, Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D., is located 10 miles east of Rapid City and just outside of Box Elder. The base - home to the 28th Bomb Wing - is one of only two B-1B bases in the world. Ellsworth is surrounded by numerous scenic sights. From the picturesque Badlands to the east, to the Black Hills in the west, to the grazing buffalo and pristine lakes of Custer State Park, this is a region of great natural beauty. Legendary sites including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Fort Meade, historic Deadwood and Devil's Tower are a short distance beyond the base's main gate.
REQUIREMENTS (duties may include, but not limited to)
- Dental practice, management of patients, and dental prescriptions will be accomplished in accordance with applicable AFMS clinical practice guidelines and JCAHO/HSI standards and instructions set forth in facility where privileges are awarded.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats disease, abnormalities, injuries and dysfunctional disorders of the oral cavity and its associated structures.
- Examines patients and interprets radiographs and diagnostic tests to determine type and extent of dental diseases and disabilities or dysfunctions.
- Evaluates findings and prescribes type, extent, and order of treatment. Refers nondental problems to appropriate medical specialty. Restores health and function of carious, fractured, otherwise defective teeth.
- Performs routine preventive, periodontal, oral surgery, endodontic, and prosthodontic treatment.
- Provides consultation services.
- Performs comprehensive dental functions. Performs complex dental treatment procedures in the absence of specialist.
- May serve as preceptor for general dentistry residency programs.
- Must hold a doctor of dental surgery or a doctor of dental medicine degree from an American Dental Association accredited college or university.
- Must have and maintain an active, valid unrestricted, current dental license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) in a US jurisdiction. License must correspond to DEA registration number.
- Must possess a valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number in order to write prescriptions for controlled substances.
- Must have one (1) year of experience performing clinical dentistry out of the last 18 months.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.