|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 28, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00072|
FNP - Family Nurse Practitioner
Small Community, Hometown Feeling
The Community - Barstow, CA
Barstow is a historic, small town offering that often sought after small community, hometown feeling. Geographically placed almost exactly midway from Los Angeles, CA and Las Vegas, NV, there are several major highways and railroads that converge in Barstow. As part of the Mojave Desert, Barstow experiences four seasons with milder winters. Barstow offers a wide variety of entertainment, dining, shopping and historic places to visit. Barstow is also the closest city to Fort Irwin.
The National Training Center at Fort Irwin is a world class training center for America's Military, known for its excellent desert training, vast recreational opportunities, and history. The mission of the National Training Center is to provide tough, realistic, joint and combined arms training in multi-national venues across the full spectrum of conflict set in a contemporary operating environment to assist Commanders in developing trained, competent leaders and Soldiers by presenting them with current problem sets to improve the force and prepare for success in the Global War on Terrorism and future joint battlefields.
Requirements (duties include, but are not limited to)
- Treat all eligible beneficiaries regardless of underlying disease process or physical condition of the patients.
- Provide advice and opinions upon request by the Chief of the Primary Care Clinic or the referring physician in support of examinations and procedures as provided in conjunction with patient care and treatment.
- Prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required by the MTF and as outlined in the WACH Primary Care Clinic Service Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Take part in clinic QA&I programs as required to meet, the standards of the JC and as delineated in the WACH Primary Care Clinic Service Performance Improvement Program.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences, and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of contract services as determined by the Chief of the Primary Care Clinic.
- Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other HCP(s) in accordance with (IAW) policies and regulations.
- Provide services to appropriate referrals to other military personnel and civilians who are deploying, redeploying, mobilizing or demobilizing through the Soldiers Readiness Processing (SRP) recommendations to members of the medical staff (e.g., emergencies).
- Advise COR of any problems encountered, or which may be encountered, in connection with meeting the needs of patients treated. Continuing problems of any nature shall be reported in writing to the COR.
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required by the contract. Ensure all documentation and reports are legible.
- Become familiar with the hospital formulary. HCP shall prescribe pharmaceuticals according to the availability of drugs listed therein. The pharmacy service will provide instruction to all prescribing practitioners on substitutability of generic drugs for prescribed drugs. The HCP shall follow the procedures of the MTF when prescribing drugs.
- Maintain proper medical records on beneficiaries to whom treatment is provided in accordance with MTF procedures and regulations. Use the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and Composite Health Care System (CHCS) for keeping records, ordering of ancillary procedures, ordering of medications, writing doctor’s orders, and performing other required patient record functions. Patient encounters within the Military Health System, AHLTA and CHCS shall be accurately and promptly documented and coded, adhering to medical and legal classification standards. Patient encounters shall be completed at the end of each day or within 72 hours in AHLTA after patient visit.
- The HCPs shall maintain health records in accordance with Army Regulation 40-66.
- Must have successfully completed training as a Nurse Practitioner from a school in the US or Canada approved by a recognizing accredited body.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of full-time experience as a practicing Family Nurse Practitioner or have been in training prior to commencing services.
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) as approved by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.