|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00089|
MD/DO - Mental Health Medical Director
South New Jersey Coverage
The Mental Health Medical Director provides supervision and leadership to the mental health staff while also providing direct patient care. The Medical Director is responsible for facilities in Elmer, Vineland, Bridgeton, and Woodbury Heights in South New Jersey.
Responsibilities (duties include but are not limited to)
- Manages and leads the psychiatric operations of the facilities.
- Works to establish and enforce sound clinical policies, procedures and practices as they pertain to patient care.
- Clinically collaborates with Advanced Practice Nurses at the Facility.
- Works with Medical Affairs in with credentialing and scheduling of psychiatrists and APNs to ensure that the department is adequately staffed.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of new clinicians.
- Provision of full range of psychiatric services to assigned patients. Services provided include direct care of patients in the clinical setting including: assessment, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of patients and determining the degree of disabilities in patients. Psychiatrist will prescribe medication to patients as deemed necessary and will conduct medication management. All services to be documented in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder
- Participates in treatment team activities to include the development and periodic review of patient treatment plans and will take necessary steps when a patient refuses treatment.
- Conducts and reviews capacity evaluations.
- Provides crisis intervention training to staff.
- Participates in unit morning reports (at relevant sites).
- Subject to on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Promotes a positive working relationship with Health Services, mental health staff, correctional staff and administrative staff.
- Complies with employee standards of the company and applicable employee standards of the facility. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal conduct consistent with professional responsibilities, the development of harmonious working relationships and timely notification of supervisory personnel absences form institution.
- Ensures the implementation of CQI process and programs.
- Chairs the treatment team or designates a chairperson.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed as a psychiatrist in the state in which he/she will practice.
- Must be a board certified psychiatrist.
- Previous supervisor experience required.
- Experience in providing services in inpatient/outpatient environment.
- Experience in providing services in a correctional environment preferred.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to interact with institutional staff, medical staff and the agencies of the court.
- Must complete a satisfactory background investigation.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.