|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Wichita Falls, Texas|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2017|
|Internal Job ID||17-00005|
PA - Physician Assistant
Family oriented location described in two words: pleasant and comfortable
The Community - Wichita Falls, TX
The City of Wichita Falls is comfortably nestled in the North East corner of the Panhandle/Plains area of North Texas. Wichita Falls is an economically progressive city home to commerce and industry with worldwide interests. The City also has several institutions of higher learning, a strong international presence through Sheppard Air Force Base, a well-educated, eager workforce and a community spirit geared toward family, friends and a desire to see that this thriving city continues to grow and prosper. By most accounts Wichita Falls can be summed up with two words, pleasant and comfortable. This is a family oriented city conveniently located within two hours of two metropolitan areas with populations exceeding one million citizens; Dallas-Fort Worth and Oklahoma City. Wichita Falls has a population of approximately 104,553, is the county seat of Wichita County and considered the population center of North Texas.
Sheppard Air Force Base
Sheppard Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base located five miles north of the central business district of Wichita Falls, Texas. It is the largest training base and most diversified in Air Education and Training Command. The base is named in honor of Texas Senator John Morris Sheppard, a supporter of military preparations before World War II. The host unit at Sheppard is the 82d Training Wing (82 TRW), which provides specialized technical training, medical, and field training for officers, Airmen, and civilians of all branches of the military, other DoD agencies, and foreign nationals. The 80th Flying Training Wing (80 FTW), also at Sheppard, conducts the Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training (ENJJPT) program, a multi-nationally manned and managed flying training program chartered to produce combat pilots for both USAF and NATO. Over 60,000 Airmen and personnel from other military branches are trained at Sheppard AFB each year. Its mission is to recruit, train, and educate quality people through military, technical and flight training. Sheppard AFB shares one runway with Wichita Falls Municipal Airport under a joint civil-military arrangement.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provides primary or specialty medical care with the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
- Responsible for a regularly appointed clinic, compatible with workload and, in addition, provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
- Shall have the capability to: Collect and record, in proper format, medical and social historical data appropriate to the patient's condition.
- Perform a general physical examination.
- May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of assigned patients.
- Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
- Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- Admit inpatients as per the local MTF instructions.
- Recognize those more complicated cases, initiate treatment (if appropriate), and refer to a higher level of medical expertise for diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Plan and initiate proper treatment within defined privileges and the scope of practice of the facility.
- Identify and report those situations and individual cases which have public health significance and carry out effective control measures.
- Clearly communicate to other health personnel either orally or in writing the findings, diagnosis, and planned treatment regimen.
- Stabilize and manage a patient in a medical or surgical emergency and/or transfer to physician care.
- Determine appropriate means of evacuation of emergency patients, prepare patients for evacuation, and arrange for evacuation support.
- Perform the following blocks: Digital, Local Infiltration, and Intercostal
- Perform urological procedures.
- Maintain inpatient and outpatient medical records in accordance with MTF procedures
- Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician extender under supervision of a physician.
- Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or its predecessors, and acceptable to the Surgeon General, USAF, is mandatory.
- Must be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required.
- Must have at least 24 months of experience as a Physician Assistant within the last 36 months.
- Must have and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as certified by the American Heart Association (AHA).
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.