|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 18, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00033|
MD/DO - Primary Care Physician - Corrections
The “Best Kept Secret” in California…
The Community - Lancaster, CA
Lancaster, CA is the hub of the Antelope Valley and home to the beauty and clear blue skies of the California High Desert. Home to the Antelope Valley CA Poppy Reserve, Musical Road, and the Aerospace Walk of Honor, Lancaster is no longer a local's "best kept secret", Lancaster has grown into a bustling urban destination, offering visitors an array of outdoor experiences with the backdrop of four seasons, local shopping, restaurants and entertainment.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Under the direction of the Institution/Facility CEO/CME or designee, the Temporary/Relief Primary Care Physician shall provide services as permitted within the scope of practice for Primary Care Physician services in accordance with Institution/Facility policies and procedures. Care delivery for Primary Care Telemedicine is remote via teleconferencing equipment and basic computer competency would be necessary.
- Obligation is to assist CDCR/CCHCS in its exercise of its duty to provide and manage medical healthcare services for the patient/youth of the State of California; Primary Care Physicians shall provide high quality services, consistent with the terms and conditions under this Agreement and consistent with established and commonly accepted standards and principles of medical practice.
- Primary Care Physicians shall adhere to the CDCR/CCHCS medical staff by-laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and comply with universal infection control precautions.
- Must be a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) and be Board Certified.
- Minimum of twelve (12) continuous months of experience within the last thirty-six (36) months performing services similar in scope to those defined herein, in a public or private institution.
- Must be licensed to practice medicine in the State of California as defined in the Medical Practice Act, Chapter 5, commencing with Section 2000 of the Business and Professions Code and possess a valid Physician license as issued by the Medical Board/Osteopathic Board of California.
- Must have and maintain Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Must have and maintain current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certification.
- Specialty Services - In addition to the above requirements, Physicians who are providing care in a specialized area such as emergency medicine, surgery, etc., shall also have at least two (2) years of experience within the last three (3) years providing patient care within that setting and possess any required certificates.
- Obstetrics/Gynecology - In addition to the above requirements, Physicians providing care to female Institutions/Facilities must also have at least one (1) year of experience within the last five (5) years rendering obstetric and gynecological nursing or patient care services in a healthcare setting in addition to the above qualifications.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.