|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Virginia Beach, Virginia|
|Date Posted||March 11, 2018|
|Internal Job ID||18-00054|
MD/DO - Psychiatrist
Adult Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
The Perfect Oceanfront Destination Awaits You…
The Community - Virginia Beach, VA
Finding great outdoor fun and adventure here is easy. Deciding among the options is the challenge. The waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Chesapeake Bay are obvious draws, but swimming and beach time is just the beginning. Virginia Beach offers a variety of music and arts venues, a dozen public golf courses, miles and miles of hiking and biking paths, and our ever-growing Town Center is a gathering place offering dining, shopping and the 1,300 seat Sandler Center for the Performing Arts. The Farm Bureau Live Amphitheater is a 20,000 seat outdoor concert venue featuring national acts. Beach Street USA is a summer-long concert along the boardwalk, while all across the city; you can enjoy relaxing outdoor dining and fresh-caught seafood. The Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art explores the significant art of our time with changing exhibitions from national and international artists, just minutes from the oceanfront. And for an up-close look at the amazing world of underwater life off our shores, the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center is 700,000 gallons of mystery and entertainment. The touch tanks, exhibits and live animal habitats make it one of the top ten visited museums in the country.
Tricare Prime Clinic
The Tricare Prime Clinic in Virginia Beach, Virginia has proudly served the military and their families since 1830 making it the Navy’s oldest continuously running hospital in the Navy medical system. Nationally acclaimed, this state of the art medical center with ten branch clinics offers premier research and teaching programs designed to prepare new doctors, nurses and hospital corpsmen for the future. This patient driven TRICARE facility is entrusted with the health readiness of the United States armed forces. Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, proudly serving those who serve us so well.
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Evaluate and treat adults in an outpatient setting.
- Provide on-call services for general psychiatry patients.
- Provide on-call services for inpatient general psychiatry on weekends/holidays. NMC Portsmouth has approximately 32 inpatient beds.
- Provide a full range of physician services, in accordance with the core privileges.
- Technically direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable. Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Technically direct and teach other medical staff, and provide educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols. This requirement is consistent with the personal services nature of the contract.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities.
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and disposal of infectious wastes and the use of universal precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety procedures.
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems that the Physician is unable to manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and reporting.
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional growth.
- Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control, Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all other required training.
- Actively participate in the command’s Performance Improvement Program. Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
- Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Provide training and/or direction as applicable to supporting government employees (e.g., hospital corpsmen, students, etc.).
- Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient care.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS), participate in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk Management (RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commander. Maintain DOD email account as directed. The Physician shall be responsive to all email and voicemail communications.
- Exercise appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of health care team members, patient care, and clinic activities.
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with clinic directives, and prepare such records and reports as may be required. All records and reports must be legible. Abbreviations must be only those listed in local instructions.
- The Physician shall comply with the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) privacy and security policies of the treatment facility.
- Must hold a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from an accredited graduate school of Medicine.
- Must have successfully completed a residency program in psychiatry which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical authority.
- Must possess board certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must possess not less than three (3) years of experience within the last four (4) years as a full-time psychiatrist; OR, graduation from a psychiatry residency program within the preceding 12 months.
- Must be in good standing, and under no restrictions, with the state licensure board in any state in which a license is held.
- Must maintain current certification in American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.